Five seasons in one day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five seasons in one day

Only a few months ago I was cheering Melbourne Storm's rugby league final victory over Paramatta and waving at the lads holding the trophy in the Myers Christmas parade. Even for me that feels queasily hollow right now:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/apr/22/melbourne-storm-stripped-nrl-titles

What on earth must it feel like for the long term fans? And is it sensible for anybody that the team is effectively doomed to friendlies for the rest of this season as well when they've barely started?

Five seasons in one day

Will they have to hand the World club title over to Leeds as well?

Comment

Five seasons in one day

Hard to feel much sympathy for a club propped up by Murdoch. I must admit though I'm surprised by how much glee this news has brought in Melbourne.

Rugby League is dead in Melbourne and, funnily enough, the bloke behind the cheating is now CEO of Melbourne Rebels the new super 15 team.

Comment

Five seasons in one day

Storm's 2 biggest sponsors dumped the club today.

Comment

Five seasons in one day

Nearly 24,000 turned up at Melbourne Storm's game yesterday - 10,000 more than their last home game and an attendance well beyond what most Sydney teams can draw. Admittedly, it was ANZAC Day and most tickets would have been sold before Thursday but it was still a surprisingly large crowd. Judging by the interviews with supporters, they have convinced themselves that this is all some jealous Sydney/NRL plot and that the players are completely innocent.

One unnamed Storm player has been quoted as saying that the playing goup is deeply divided with the lesser players not knowing if they can trust the big name players. It has been confirmed that several players signed both legal and secret contracts. Why would you sign 2 contracts and not think something strange was happening? One player received an extra $180k from his second contract and another got a boat and a car.

Comment

Working...
          X