No thread on the NBA Playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that's me eating my words. I was shocked at how poor Boston looked. If the Lakers win Game 7, I know that Kobe will win MVP, but Pau deserves some consideration. Seeing that each game so far has been won by the team with the most rebounds, Pau has been a big part of the Lakers' success. Here are his numbers in the 3 Lakers wins: 17.6 pts, 12.3 reb, 2.6 blk, 5.3 ast. Game 5 was the only stinker he's had so far.

Comment

Fuck, I don't think my nerves can take this. This is what sports is all about.

Comment

congratsinca (through gritted teeth with stomach bubbling with heartburn.)

The Hatred....The Hatred...

Comment

Well done Inca. Not a bad year for you at all.

I'm genuinely happy for Pau. I hope he sings the Barca hymn during the parade.

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, JV, I really dislike Kobe having his wife and kids front in center in front of David Stern.

I think this is the most enjoyable Lakers title I can really remember, because it was against the Celtics. I watched 1985 and 1987, but I was just 6 and 8 then, so I didn't get it. This was also the most nerve-wracking Lakers title I remember watching.

What an ugly game. What spectacle. How does Kobe go 6-24 and have 23 points? How do the Lakers shoot 32.5% (20% for 3 pts) and win? How is Ron Artest the Lakers' best player on the night?

Two things won that game for LA: rebounding, especially offensive rebounding (23 for LA, 8 for BOS), and the home court. I've never heard and seen a Lakers crowd so intense.

Down by 13 points in the 3rd Quarter, down by 9 with just 3 minutes left in the 3rd...I wasn't very hopeful. But when Fisher hit that 3 with 6 minutes left in the game, I had a strong feeling that they could win. And that last 90 seconds of the game...the Wallace 3, the Artest 3, the Rondo 3...the NBA couldn't have asked for a more entertaining finish.

I had my doubts about him this season, but I felt great for Artest. Especially when he thanked his psychiatrist and then hugged Doris Burke.

What a night. Now let's do this tomorrow, USA.

Comment

Oh yeah, and I would have picked Gasol as MVP. 18 points and 19 reb tonight, plus 4 ast and 2 blocks. The block on Pierce, and then his short shot with under 2 minutes left were key.

Comment

It must be said that watching games 4 & 5 (or was it 3 & 4) in Boston was something I wouldn't have wanted to miss at all. It was such a pleasant environment to watch games in, even if it was just in a bar (frankly we'd paid enough to watch the Sox & Phillies to justify yet more on black market NBA final tickets)

Comment

Working...
                X