That one I'd like to slap to a pulp!

Slappable faces in sport

Slap forever.

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

Arjen Robben every time

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

A massively annoying individual, but at best the third most slappable Merengue:

1)

2)

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

And, not a sports figure himself, but oh so slappable:

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

Keep running, Fwank, just a little closer, you "never scored a goal if it wasn't a deflection" merchant, you ...

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

I've always wanted to slap this one:

and this one:

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

OY Gyuri... he is a HERO! (Jeter... you can slap the shit out of the other one (Kobe Bryant?))

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

My top 3 (which change constantly):

Kieran Fallon

Michael Schumacher

Andy Roddick

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

Gero,

Jeter may be a hero to most, but not me. Straight out slappable wanker. (with apologies to Public Enemy)

As the public, smirking, golly-gee face of my least favorite team in recent baseball history, my Jeter hate runs deep. Which isn't to say that I don't understand why Yankees' fans revere him. To go all Godwin overreaching with an analogy, Romell may have been a great general, but I wouldn't have minded slapping the shit out of him.

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

Gyuri - I'm with you on the Jeter hate. And I'll see your Jeter and raise you one of these:

This picture made me chuckle:

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

What's going on there?

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

Alex Rodriguez, the Yankee third baseman and arguably the best (and inarguably the most highly paid) player in baseball, has hit a weak roller towards first base. In an attempt to frustrate an easy out, he slaps the ball out of the glove of the Red Sox pitcher, who is about to tag him out.

That is both against the rules (a form of interference), and "not baseball", and therefore provides the inspiration for some photo-shopping (and yet another attack on A-Rod's "manliness") by a member of Red Sox Nation.

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

I can easily understand the A-Rod slappability quotient (Alex Rodriguez, Yankees 3rd baseman, in the pink Fausto). I am fairly certain that there are a few million Yankee fans who would join that particular queue.

But Derek Jeter is a nice person, and Rommel is a very poor analogy. (But funny)

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

Can't believe no-one's mentioned Stephen Lee yet.

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

That link hasnt worked Etienne (you mean the snooker player? Catch him quick, I think he is going to retire)

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

But Derek Jeter is a nice person, and Rommel is a very poor analogy. (But funny)
                                  Without a doubt it's a terrible analogy. For example, Rommell had better range. Also, I think Jeter is taller.

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

FF,

For some reason I can't hate ARod. I think it's b/c Yankees fans hate him (irrationally) so much. It's funny, b/c he is a better player than Jeter. He even has similar postseason numbers to Jeter, which is the main knock against him. The only basis for the disparate views is the four games in the 2006 ALDS when Jeter was great and ARod was terrible.

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

how can he have similar numbers when he hasnt got anywhere near the same number of games postseason? (or did you just mean since they have been teammates? and then its fair enough)

I like A-Rod.

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

I was using a rate comparison, rather than absolute numbers (to control for at bats) using on-base percentage + slugging percentage(aka OPS). ARod's is .844 and Jeter's is .846, which in the world of OPS, is a very similar number.

Some baseball statheads would say that Jeter's .846 is more valuable than ARod's .844 b/c Jeter had a higher on-base percentage, which is generally thought of as being slightly more valuable than slugging percentage. Then again, the same statheads would say that ARod is a far better fielder than Jeter, which may negate Jeter's slight batting advantage.

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

By the way, I should add that the fact that Jeter has (roughly) the same postseason OPS as ARod doesn't mean they are equal. After all, Jeter has held this level of production despite 2.5 times more at bats, which is impressive.

My point was that Yankees' fans (not you, Gero) tendency to hurl abuse at ARod b/c of his postseason follies is irrational b/c his per/at bat production is substantially similar to that of the great hero Jeter.

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

Most Yankees fans' view of Jeter makes my hatred for the Mets look rational.

Are those career stats for A-Rod?

Has he done better in the post-season as a Yankee than he did at Seattle and Texas, or is that just my impression.

Comment

Slappable faces in sport

Those are ARod's career postseason stats. Here's the baseball reference page.

ARod was a little better for Seattle (didn't go to the postseason with TX). He was great for the Yankees in '04, but much less so since then (of course, the entire Yankees team has not done so hot in the postseason since then).

Comment

Working...
                                              X