The Hayemaker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hayemaker!

Bloody good scrap, that. Congratulations to David Haye, arguably the first British Heavyweight in a century to defend the World title (in the sense that Lewis was Canadian, really, wasn't he).

He's only got one way to go, now, and that's for the Klitschkos.

The Hayemaker!

His hand speed is unusually quick for a heavyweight. I think this was the first time that John Ruiz has been stopped too...

Comment

The Hayemaker!

Yes, a good performance. Ruiz is 38 and effectively a human stepping stone to higher things, which is what he proved to be. Impressive that Haye stopped him, despite showing signs of the stamina deficiency that could eventually be his undoing. But in the absence of greats in the heavyweight division, I do see him cleaning up against the ageing Klitschkos.

Comment

The Hayemaker!

Sir Fartle wrote:
        His hand speed is unusually quick for a heavyweight. I think this was the first time that John Ruiz has been stopped too...
        Ruiz was knocked out in quite brutal fashion (after 20-odd seconds) by David Tua in 1996. Haye was excellent last night and never seemed in real danger. His stamina is still a lingering doubt though. Hopefully there is a way round(££££) the re-match clause with Valuev as I don't think anybody wants to see that fight again.

Comment

Working...
        X