Pakistan drop entire team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, almost. Younis Khan and Mohammed Yousuf are told they will never play for the country again (I'm willing to bet that Younis gets reprieved some point though) while Rana Naved-ul-Hasan and Shoaib Malik are both banned for a year. The actual offences are unclear. Afridi, Kamran and Umar Akmal are all fined for more clear cut offences. Amazing stuff.

Well, their fielding has always been substandard . . .

Comment

Hahaha.

Comment

They should still beat England.

In Chittagong, demon dobbler duo Cook and Carberry bowled nine overs for 180 in a brave effort to hurry things along against Bangladesh A. Next time, they're getting the team chef to chuck down some car batteries to no less benefit.

Comment

Not quite sure what your point is, that our second string (if that) bowling attack couldn't quite force a result in a three day game. I think Pakistan will have a torried time in England.

Comment

Seven Saxon Kings wrote:
            Not quite sure what your point is
            That declaration bowling makes a mockery of the game, like.

that our second string (if that) bowling attack couldn't quite force a result in a three day game
            You can't be serious? It would have better just to let the game peter out and give KP a whole day with the local net bowlers tomorrow.

I think Pakistan will have a torried time in England
            Aye, I was joking too.

Comment

The PCB never fail to amaze. My favourite official press release of all time is the PCB saying last year that they didn't select Shoaib Akhtar cos he had genital warts.

The PCB media man, in announcing this latest decision, said that the morale of the team would be improved by this cos the players would see that firm action would be taken against any transgressors. That seems optimistic...

Comment

Just when one thinks that one might have heard it all.

Police in the Indian city of Hyderabad have registered a complaint of cheating against Shoaib Malik, the former Pakistan captain. The complaint has been filed by Ayesha Siddiqui, a Hyderabad resident who claims to be his wife, and whom Malik in turn has accused of cheating him.

Comment

That link is screwed ursus, and leads to me posting stuff. Which might actually fulfill the caption for the URL.

Comment

This one might work.

It looks as if Cricinfo has changed the story since my initial post.

Comment

And wait, there's more.

From the Guardian's Spin email of this morning:

At least Swann's offering made some kind of sense, which is more than Pakistan opener Nasir Jamshed managed in defence of his misdeeds.

Jamshed made his name when he scored consecutive fifties in his first
                      two ODIs for Pakistan, aged only 18. Now 20, he was arrested yesterday after being caught cheating in his ninth-grade English
                      exam. Jamshed was one of three boys sitting the exam who was "caught red-handed" having his answer paper filled in by a fourth, Ziaul Haq.

He has been released on bail.

"In the first place I was not appearing in the English paper my friends were appearing in it and I was there helping them which is my
                      mistake," gasped Jamshed. Schoolboys have been led to do many things by wayward pals, but surely never before can the line 'they made me do it' have been used as an excuse for sitting an exam. "I immediately apologised to the examiner," Jamshed continued, "but he didn`t listen to me and called the police. I should have avoided the
                      whole episode."
                      PS. The link above should finally work now.

Comment

Working...
                      X