England in Bangladesh 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So assuming Strauss and Anderson return to the test side, how many players have earned a prolonged place on this tour.

Bresnan looks like a good first backup to me, but not automatic.

Finn, promising but not ready.

Tredwell, good backup spinner but can't imagine him ousting Swann.

Of the more established squad thoughts on a couple.

Cook, much happier with his batting, definitely not captain material on this evidence, but you have to learn somewhere I guess.

Trott, turgid and not particuarly effective. If he carries this on for another test or two I'd drop him.

Bell, as a continued and unpleasant critic of his the last 6 months he's really impressed me and I think just leave him at 5 or 6 and he's doing a great job (at one point yesterday he averaged 480 against bangladesh, but now a measly 240).

Broad, not convinced he's fit and his batting is goign downhill rapidly.

KP maybe getting back to form, but it's hard to tell against such an odd attack.

Colly, continues to be solid and impressive, not sure why he hasn't bowled more though.

Prior, slipped up with gloves in this match and Kieswetter is getting nearer, but Kieswetter won't win fans with his glovework, he's not appalling, but he's no better than Prior, if he gets in it'll be for his batting prowess, which is better than Prior.

So when we get back to tests in England, I'd drop Finn, Tredwell and I think Trott for Anderson, Onions and Strauss.

Comment

Well, it was easy enough in the end.

Comment

Working...
      X