Heino oh-ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heino oh-ten

Since we don't have another rugby thread at the moment.

Stunning move by Leinster to get a bonus point at the death, after a scrappy performance. They're starting to get That Air about them now.

All the other Big Beasts are there or thereabouts to come through their groups, too, yet nearly all have a big final match. It's a really, really well-balanced tournament.

Heino oh-ten

Bump! Quarter-finals time now. I'm going to see Leinster play Clermont this evening, and looking forward in a big way. McLaughlin, Shaggy, and God all back, the side starting to motor - I think we can do this.

Four great matches, on paper. I'm going to predict four home wins in the near-certainty that I'm wrong.

Comment

Heino oh-ten

Is there even a point bumping this? Best sporting tournament of the year so far, and I seem to be the only one paying attention.

Anyway, I'm off on a roadtrip with Padre Del Toro tomorrow, to catch both semi-finals.

I can't see us beating Toulouse, I'm afraid. Certainly not if Sexy's jaw isn't healed. They lost pretty badly at the weekend, but they're just an awesome side. World class all around the pitch, superb offloading game, and not only are they even better around the fringes than Clermont, who hurt us there badly, they've a lot more going on outside once the damage is done there. Add in home advantage, and making the final again would take an absolutely phenomenal performance by Leinster.

Munster-Biarritz should be a great game, too. I think it'll be more evenly balanced, but home advantage and O'Connell's likely absence will probably tell. Then again, Munster are Munster. They're very, very good at high-pressure cup games, probably the best in the world.

They're both going to be great games.

Anybody else following this at all?

Comment

Heino oh-ten

I am watching every match I can ( not always that many between the demands of attending football and to my three children ) but it has been another vintage year though I am still down about the Ospreys usual self-destruct.

Actually, I just realised I am in Dublin this weekend but then realised the games are in France! Still, uninterrupted viewing at least.

Comment

Heino oh-ten

Bollocks anyway.

Strong performance by Leinster against an excellent TOulouse side, I think we'd have beated either of Biarritz or Munster easily. I can't see either of them living with Toulouse in Paris.

Comment

Working...
          X