Rogin's 2010 golf predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogin's 2010 golf predictions

This time twelve months ago I was speculating on whether Tiger Woods would come back from his knee injury, and if he did, whether he would win any majors, or whether any other players would take advantage of his absence.

I didn't really think I'd be posting virtually the same thread twelve months later ... but then no-one could have predicted how spectacularly Tiger has been fucking up his personal life. Or how spectacularly he's been enjoying it, depending on your point of view.

Well, anyway, last year I thought a hungry comeback Tiger might win 3 of the 4 majors, and if he didn't, the likes of Villegas, Westwood, Garcia or Kim might win some.

Like most long-range (or even near-range) forecasters, I was completely wronged by 2009, of course. I'm fairly confident there wasn't a forecaster in the world who could have predicted that last year's majors would be won by, successively, the previous year's world numbers 42, 177, 16 and 200andsome. Let alone that even the one won by the world number 16 would be at the late expense of a 59-year-old ex-champion.

So here we go for next year.

If Tiger's back (and hungry) - he should win the USGA Open, and the Open. Repeating his triumphs from 10 years ago. I fancy either Ogilvy or Mickelson for the Masters, and one of the young Europeans (again) for the PGA - Casey, Garcia or Fisher.

If Tiger's not back, who knows. Greg Norman for a 3rd Open Championship, at last? Let's spin a roulette wheel, based on last year's winners.

Completely randomly then, next year's Major Champions will be, in order, the current world numbers 27, 82, 47 and 19.

So well done Hunter Mahan, Jerry Kelly, Edoardo Molinari and Retief Goosen. They're my tips. Remember the names when it comes to the 20p each-way bets at 100-1 before the events.
Working...
X