X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No surprises

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...sh/8421956.stm

No surprises

He told the DAILY MAIL? Must be a masochist too.

Good luck to him. A brave thing to do when you are still participating.

Comment

No surprises

I wish I could find the footage of him losing his rag on Scrum V. true toe curling TV.
      "I broke my thumb and everything."

Comment

No surprises

Ah, bollocks, I had an"Outing Thomas" thread title ready.

I don't whether he is spoiling someone else outing him but good on him for not waiting until he retired. Shame about his marriage obviously.

Comment

No surprises

Fausto wrote:
          I wish I could find the footage of him losing his rag on Scrum V. true toe curling TV.
          "I broke my thumb and everything."
          Wasn't he meant to have had a "mini-stroke" during that piece of carcrash TV. Possibly brought on by his tan leatherette jacket and Motörhead t-shirt.

Whatever the circumstances of the outing, well done and good luck to him.

Comment

No surprises

Wasn't he meant to have had a "mini-stroke
            Wouldn't that have alerted the recipient to his sexuality there and then?

Aw,come on, it was an open goal

Comment

No surprises

Bored of Education wrote:
              Ah, bollocks, I had an"Outing Thomas" thread title ready.
              'Rugger Bugger' was going to be mine.

Comment

No surprises

Worst kept secret in all of rugby confirmed there.

But who gives a shit beyond saying well done to the boy for getting it off his chest. Alfie was a quality player for his cluyb, country and the Lions and let's hope that's what he's remembered for rather than being "that gay rugby player".

Comment

No surprises

Eggchaser wrote:
                  Worst kept secret in all of rugby confirmed there.

But who gives a shit beyond saying well done to the boy for getting it off his chest. Alfie was a quality player for his cluyb, country and the Lions and let's hope that's what he's remembered for rather than being "that gay rugby player".
                  Let's hope that is what he is remembered for but sadly I doubt it.

Comment

No surprises

A legend of a player. And yeah, it's great that he came out while he was still playing.

We never did have a Dónal Óg Cusack thread, did we? In both cases, the absence of kerfuffle has been very gratifying...

Comment

No surprises

Absolutely. You really feel we may be making progress on this one, collectively.

Comment

No surprises

I genuinely wonder whether a rugby player coming out will smooth the path for a footballer now. Certainly wouldn't work in reverse

Comment

No surprises

A legend of a player, but just because he's come out, doesn't hide the fact he's probably a bit of a dick. I think his behaviour over the past five years was abysmal.

Comment

No surprises

I thought that the stress of being presumably actively gay but in the closet while being a high profile rugby player probably explains a fair bit of his behaviour. Certainly puts the Scrum V lunacy in context somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                            X