Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duncan hamilton

has won the william hill sports book of the year again

provided you don't kiss me was very good. has anyone read the new one?

duncan hamilton

Yep, it's every bit as good as the Clough book.

Comment

duncan hamilton

It's refreshing, too, that a down-the-line regional newspaper stalwart is getting the honours. The Larwood book's definitely one for the Christmas list.

Comment

duncan hamilton

provided you don't kiss me was brilliant, if crushingly sad in places.

Comment

duncan hamilton

He's all good, him. After the review I did for PYDKM in WSC, where I said I'd love to pull him up on a few things, he dropped me an e-mail and said he was interested in what I'd like to ask him.

Interview here

Comment

duncan hamilton

I wonder what he's going to put the £2000 William Hill bet he's won on.

Comment

duncan hamilton

I was in a bit of a rush when i posted about this last month. I have to add that I think his Larwood biography is the finest sports book I have read for years. No doubt a great story but it is so well written.

Comment

duncan hamilton

Fausto wrote:

I have to add that I think his Larwood biography is the finest sports book I have read for years. No doubt a great story but it is so well written.
                I read this recently, and I loved it. I'm not a big cricket fan but that's not really relevant when you have such a great story as Larwood and the Bodyline series.

Hamilton's other books are wonderful too. He has a beautiful way of writing prose that tugs at your heartstrings. 'The Footballer Who Could Fly' had me close to tears a few times.

Comment

duncan hamilton

Nishlord wrote: He's all good, him.

After the review I did for PYDKM in WSC, where I said I'd love to pull him up on a few things, he dropped me an e-mail and said he was interested in what I'd like to ask him.

Interview here
                  Good interview, although Jimmy Sirrel stole the show!

Comment

Working...
                  X