X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheats do Prosper

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ay08/may04news

What the.....?
    Why has this happened? Financial muscle? The Lance factor.....not bringing in enough revenue without the big name riders? Wilting at the last?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ng/7373910.stm

Ok so Contador is Spanish and they seem ambivalent but you can't take a moral stand against High Road and allow Astana in. Their crimes are not really comparable. This stinks to high heaven. When push comes to shove cycling isn't serious about cleaning up its act.

Cheats do Prosper

And Astana will now be in the Giro as well.

Plus ca change . . .

Comment

Cheats do Prosper

Yeah, that's the first link. I wonder how well prepared they'll be. Do you reckon they knew that they'd be invited all along. They've just left it to the last minute to avoid controversy? If so, I imagine they've failed in that objective.

Comment

Cheats do Prosper

Sorry, for some reason I couldn't open it on the computer I was using.

The whole story strikes me as very implausible. The idea that a Grand Tour calls up a team and asks them if they want to ride 10 days before the race starts, and their DS essentially replies "why not", strains the bounds of credulity, even for Italy.

It also doesn't seem to be getting much press here, but then we've been away for several days.

Petacchi's last minute withdrawl also struck me as weird.

Comment

Cheats do Prosper

I agree, without doubt that this is incredulous.

Comment

Cheats do Prosper

And now, Petacchi's withdrawal suddenly makes sense.

Comment

Cheats do Prosper

On the plus side, I got my bike home today. London streets aren't really ideal, but I've not been on it for months, and it was pretty exhiliarating. Even in jeans and a t-shirt, since I left my proper gear in Leeds like a div.

Comment

Cheats do Prosper

I'm doing the tour of Pembroke on June the 8th. I can't wait especially after last year's tour of Kent debacle.
                I've been ticking over during the winter and now I'm starting to up the miles and the hills.
                I did 71 miles on Monday and it was just wonderful. It was neck aching and a bit of a leg burner but I want to get a couple of hundred mile rides in this month. If only I lived somewhere flat.

Comment

Working...
                X