Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caster Semenya

Semenya tests as 'inter-gender'.

Good job Genesis P. Orridge never took up athletics - fuck knows what they would have made of him/her/it.

Caster Semenya

You have to feel sorry for her, brought up to be a woman, feels she's a woman, gets success in her chosen endeavour and then is told she's neither one nor the other. The IAAF have also royalled screwed up in the treatment of the affair. Especially given her age, how fucked up will she feel?

And even worse, the lunatic fringe of the ANC are making political capital out of this as they fire off the usual crap.

Comment

Caster Semenya

As previously noted on the World Championships thread, I've found this blog to be an enlightening source on the myriad complexities of this situation, essentially all of which are lost in both the mainstream press accounts and (especially) the increasingly strident rantings of the South African athletics authorities.

Comment

Caster Semenya

That's a fantastic blog, Urs. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Caster Semenya

Will our chums at Paddy Power have to pay out to both sides on their "fun" bet?

If so, well predicted, Ursus.

Comment

Caster Semenya

Rosa Lee Parks, whose refusal to give up her bus seat to a white man caused the modern civil rights movement, died on Oct. 24, 2005. She was 92. +

World of Warcraft power leveling
            Mrs. Parks was 42 when she committed an act of defiance in 1955 that was to change the course of American history and earn her the title “Mother of the civil rights movement.”

flyff penya
            At that time, Jim Crow laws in place since the post-Civil War Reconstruction required separation of the races in buses, restaurants and public accommodations throughout the South, while legally sanctioned(批准的) racial discrimination kept blacks out of many jobs and neighborhoods in the North.

knight online power leveling
            Mrs. Parks was riding on a city bus Dec. 1, 1955, when a white man demanded her seat. Mrs. Parks refused, despite rules requiring blacks to give their seats to whites. Two black women had been arrested earlier that year on the same charge, but Mrs. Parks was jailed. She also was fined $14.

archlord power leveling
            Speaking in 1992, she said history too often maintains “that my feet were hurting and I didn’t know why I refused to stand up when they told me. But the real reason of my not standing up was I felt that I had a right to be treated as any other passenger. We had endured that kind of treatment for too long.”

maple story power leveling
            Her arrest caused a 381-day boycott of the bus system organized by a then little-known Baptist minister, the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., who later earned the Nobel Peace Prize for his work.

world of warcraft power leveling
            The bus boycott, which came one year after the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark declaration that separate schools for blacks and whites were “inherently unequal,” marked the start of the modern civil rights movement.

Comment

Caster Semenya

South African officials admit they knew the truth about Semenya weeks ago.

So much for the racism theory.

Comment

Caster Semenya

Semenya cleared by the IAAF to return to competition.

Comment

I can't find a more recent thread* so I will park this here: the most detailed refutation of the CAS decision, particularly the decision to penalize 46 XY athletes (but not high testosterone 46 XX) on unproven grounds that rely on outdated understandings of the rigidity of sex boundaries (and imposing gender assumptions on supposedly objective biological science):

https://theconversation.com/ten-ethi...n-sport-116448

*Search engine seems to throw up a lot more 2008-10 threads generally than anything from 2015-2020 in the searches I do recently.

Comment

This is the most recent thread

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...e2#post2477203

Comment

Thanks. I will transfer it there.

Comment

Working...
                      X