And baby bear said the Padraig was too hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-major (with 2 asterisks) Harrington finally comes to life again this year, at the Bridgestone Invitational.

If he carries this form into the PGA next week (where he is defending champion) he could join a very exclusive list of golfers who have won 4 or more majors. Apart from Tiger Woods, no-one's joined that list of players since Nick Faldo, in 1990. And before him, Ray Floyd in 1986, Seve Ballesteros in 1984, Tom Watson in 1980, and Lee Trevino in 1972.

As exclusive sporting lists go, it's right up there. Go Padraig!

Depending on your perspective, Harrington blew it or Tiger pulled out the shots to steal it. Harrington led by one on the 16th only to see a four-shot swing on that hole. The last two holes were academic.

Tiger's eight iron on the 16th was one sweet, sweet strike.

That's Tiger's 70th title in professional golf. He's reached that tally at the age of 33, seven years earlier than Niklaus. He'll shatter all records at this rate.

Comment

Great, compelling finish by the two best golfers in the world. Welcome back, Páidi.

Comment

So the impression that I get from the bits and pieces of golf news that I receive--hard to avoid when you watch a bit of ESPN or read the newspaper--was that a few weeks ago, Tiger Woods was in the midst of a crisis and anyone was able to challenge him. But now he's back to being the G.O.A.T. and there's no way that anyone can beat him in a major. Do I have that right?

Comment

Yes, but also a few weeks ago, Padraig Harrington was in the midst of a crisis and couldn't make a cut. But now he's back to being the second best in the world and could very well beat Woods in a major.

Comment

Sorry, never heard of Padraig Harrington.

Comment

He has won three times as many of the last ten majors as Woods.

Comment

See, I try to find out as little about golf as possible, and Harrington doesn't get talked about as much as Tiger. The only stuff I know about Phil Mickelson are his man boobs and his wife's illness, but I know he gets talked about a lot.

Comment

Working...
                X