Swimming world championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six world records broken last night in 12 races, one of them by an Italian girl who was apparently ill with a fever.

Swimming has become as much of a farce as athletics and cycling. They can't get rid of these fucking suits quick enough.

I thought that FINA banned them as of next year (which doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense, but still).

The amount of money spent by the local authorities in and around Rome on this thing is absolutely extraordinary.

Comment

Swimsuits are hot surely?

Comment

5 more records went today, it's all a bit silly.

Comment

The suits have done a lot more damage at the college and high school levels where some programs can afford them, bur most can't so it's a ridiculously unfair competition.

At the elite level, it F's up the record book, but I imagine that's already distorted because of drugs.

Comment

Silence the heckler - there are no bicycles in the swimming pool

Comment

Anyone watching this year's from Budapest in what looks like a fantastic new arena (5,000 permanent seats augmented by 8,000 temporary ones)?

Eurosport are covering it all and the BBC are splitting it across BBC2 and the red button from 4:30 every afternoon (I recommend switching to the former when the BBC risk missing other events by frothing over a Brit too much).

Some brilliant races and performances already.
              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 24-07-2017, 18:10.

Comment

Working...
              X