• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I asked for a peppermint"

Seen this? You should. It's ace.

Dream Decievers - The Story of James Vance and Judas Priest

Is it weird that the first thing I noticed was that the man looking in the wallet for ID had blood on his hands? You wouldn't see that today.

That reminded me of something that happened in 1985. One of my friends (who is gay, but I didn't know that at the time) asked me if I thought he could get AIDS if semen got into a cut on his hand. I had a crush on him, so it didn't even occur to me that he might gay when I replied, "I don't think you can get AIDS from your own semen". D'oh!

I think that's probably one of the least intelligent things I've ever said to anyone in my life, but at the time I was thinking he was a bit thick.

As you were.

Comment

Holy crap. I'm at 7:40 now. That was a shock.

Comment

"...his behaviour [after going to see JP in concert] would change. He would become real rebellious. He would defy authority..."

Wow, that is shocking behaviour for a teenager.

Comment

Yeah, perhaps I should have mentioned that, FF. I just assumed everyone was aware of the case.

Comment

Do you know how young I was in 1985???

Seriously, I was aware that the case was going on, but I was having my own legal and personal problems around that time. I didn't even realise the kid had survived.

Thanks for posting that, btw, it's fascinating. His mum is really starting to get on my tits. I'm wondering why he didn't just shoot her instead.

Comment

Yeah, perhaps I should have mentioned that, FF. I just assumed everyone was aware of the case.

Comment

You know, my Dad repeats himself like that.

Comment

Listen to it backwards.

Comment

I didn't even realise the kid had survived.

Well, he had survived when the documentary was made, obviously, but died not long after (1991?).

The wierdest thing was that he left behind a child who was only one year old. Which intrigues me greatly - that was one real sympathy fuck.

Comment

Good to hear from you again FF. I find the whole idea of thick Brummie accents conjuring up Ole Beelezebub absurd. Totally absurd.

Comment

Jon - I didn't know he had a kid. That video only said that he eventually checked himself into a hospital to be treated for depression and ended up dying of a mysterious drug overdose.

ahc - Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X