'Earplug' magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Earplug' magazine

Although I've mentioned it elsewhere on here today, I think its worth once again 'bigging up' the online (electronic) music magazine 'Earplug'. It's rather excellent. This week's issue has articles about 'Record Store Day', the return of Liquid Liquid and their upcoming new album 'Slip In & Out Of Phenomenon' and the Traum Schallplatten label. Personally I find it nice to look at, pleasantly concise and - of course - informative. Highly recommended, in other words.

'Earplug' magazine

Surely this thread should've been called Earplug plug...

Comment

'Earplug' magazine

Earplug is a great read Clive you're right.
      However, was Record Store Day pushed UK-side though ?
      I thought this was, so far, a US deal only where a record label gave away a free 7" by some guitar band I've forgotten, in specific indie/mom&pop record stores to encourage folks to pop in?
      Oh, and did you pick up 1987.. then - and how for how much if you did ?
      I love that album, but due to having it on original old school cassette, have not been able to listen to it for years ..

Comment

'Earplug' magazine

I've been getting the Earplug mailout for a couple of years now, and yes, it's excellent, a great source for discovering new electronic and experimental music.

Comment

'Earplug' magazine

Ah!

While you're both here, Mark & KM, I have to make a small apology to you both. You see, on my 'mini-tour' of the North of England last week, I passed both your home towns on the way back: Lancaster on the Saturday (near where I very nearly died!) and Gloucester on the Sunday. Unfortunately on both days I was just too pushed for time to drop by. Mind you, I suspected that might happen, so I didn't bother making any arrangements with you in advance, thus avoiding proper inconveniencing, I hoped. Hopefully some other time though, chaps, now that I'm properly mobile? (I covered near 1100 miles in, effectively, four days!)

Btw, Mark - I went to the 'industry day' of that Sensoria festival on the Thursday (a freebie, courtesy of the In The Nursery chaps!) and on one of the seminar panels was Rob Gordon. Although he didn't say very much, it was an interesting discussion and Mark Barrott (of Future Loop Foundation etc) made up for Rob Gordon's reticence. I'll discuss it a bit more with you privately, sometime.

Comment

'Earplug' magazine

wow Clive.
            v.cool sir.
            i would love to have a chance to catch up with Rob 'Fon Force' Gordon.
            Fear not re not popping in, i'm sure we'll catch up sometime.

Comment

Working...
            X