After Math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Math

Which of these chaps would you trust to be able to count to three without falling over? Probably the teacher looking bloke, second from left.

(I hope the image shows. We don't even get the crosses anymore when an image doesn't load, just empty space.)

After Math

Didn't Ringo suggest "After Geography" as a title for "Revolver"?

Comment

After Math

Ah. Not a thread about the Polvo reunion then.

Comment

After Math

Yeah, calling the album After Geography was a great idea that was happily shelved.

How rough a night did the Stones have before hat pic was taken though?

Comment

After Math

What's odd is that clearly wasn't even a specific photo-shoot for that cover. It was a stock photo of them taken some years earlier that some art director at Decca thought was just the thing the situation called for.

Comment

After Math

Was there ever a haircut that suited Bill Wyman? He looks/looked permanently 50 years old!

Comment

After Math

Brian Jones never looks like he got a decent nights sleep did he?

Comment

After Math

Keith has a touch of the Joey Barton about him.

Comment

After Math

On that picture, Jagger looks like he has Down's syndrome.

Comment

After Math

Or Motor Neurone Disease. There's a definite touch of the Hawkings around the mouth.

Comment

After Math

Oh, they were all doing that sullen, slack-jawed look in the late-60s/early-70s. (edit: The Stones' photo, below, actually pre-dates that peculiar fad, though.) David Bowie is a good case in point. At one stage he looked like he was imitating Brando in 'The Godfather', so jowly was his pout. However, just a few years years later, he had of course transformed into a non-pouty disco-soul god.

Are there any other anatomy-defying celeb re-stylings (that didn't include surgery) that you can think of, folks?

(edit:

Jowls:

...and no jowls:

But if I ever have a police mugshot done, I hope I look that fucking good in it!)

Comment

After Math

The main marker from that period was the hair, you could pinpoint the year by the hairstyle, it was really very clear-cut back then. You can't do that as easily in any other time period, at least to the same level of precision.

Jagger has been getting his sleep lately, but it's not helping.

Comment

After Math

'Aftermath' ws the first LP I ever bought. Still have it.

Comment

Working...
                          X