Guitar geeks, Line 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guitar geeks, Line 6

just bought a Line 6 Variax 600 guitar from Guitar Guitar...on offer at £299 instead of £499..lovely maple neck.
    went in yesterday with the girlfriend to ask her if she thought I should buy a surf green strat or a gold one :-) and we spotted the Variax's reduced..she loved the size of them and said she wanted one..and more importantly that if I bought her one she'd learn to play and become a rock star :-)..reality is that she'll more than likely insist I take the money from her and then I'll be the only one to use it but what the hell :-)
    only plugged it in for ten mins to play about with the sounds but I'm well impressed up to now.
    I know one of you has the 700 model...any tips re these guitars for me?

Guitar geeks, Line 6

SSS has the 700 electric, and I've recently got a 700 acoustic after trying (and being disappointed by) the 300 acoustic.

I doubt whether my experience so far with the acoustic will be of much relevance to you. However, the feature I'm using most is the facility to store alternative tunings - I have a couple of presets with the bottom string or two tuned down an octave which enables me to create the semblance of a guitar and bass being played at the same time.

Comment

Guitar geeks, Line 6

being a bloke, I obviously didn't read the instructions through...confused the hell out of thinking it was going out of tune on the e string after a few chords...d'oh..realized it was changing tunings when i moved the pick up switch :-) the tremelo arm is dreadful..puts it straight out of tune :-( think the strings need a bit of wearing in.
      gonna take some getting used to but first thoughts are good...need a guitar amp though as the Trace Elliot bass combo doesn't do any of my guitars justice.

Comment

Guitar geeks, Line 6

One thing I'm wondering - and this shows I haven't had the guitar long - is whether I'll be able to go longer between changing strings because little, if any, of the tone is produced by the strings themselves.

Cheapskate.

Comment

Working...
        X