Chart Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news re: smaller files.

By a three hour download, I mean, some of the files were literally like three hours long or something. Three hours of decent quality audio is, what, like 200mb or something.

Comment

Originally posted by willie1foot View Post

Beginning of the end....

When will it be on Spotify? And will it be on the Australian version? I know Netflix Australia doesn't have everything that's available elsewhere, but not sure about Spotify. No biggie, I can still download and listen right?
      I do recommend the PocketCasts app. I paid for mine, but I think the current version is free.

Comment

Originally posted by willie1foot View Post
        When will it be on Spotify? And will it be on the Australian version? I know Netflix Australia doesn't have everything that's available elsewhere, but not sure about Spotify. No biggie, I can still download and listen right?
        Chart Music is joining forces with Great Big Owl, which I understand uses Spotify, so could be reasonably soon.

Comment

It's going to be in two issues' time, which I'd estimate as 4-5 weeks from next Monday.

Comment

Hopefully I’ll still be able to listen on Downcast.
            i end up not listening to the Q&A ones as they’re not available except through the website...

Comment

Get strapped in for the new one - 4hrs and 50mins.....

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                Get strapped in for the new one - 4hrs and 50mins.....
                With the long runs and walks done for the year I haven't needed to hold this one back so I've listened over the last couple of days. Good instalment reflecting the great episode selected, with lots of enthusiasm about the content - I do like a good takedown too, but a mostly positive one is an enjoyable change. As I've said a couple of times I'm almost exactly the same age as Neil so, as he said about himself, I'm not sure I would have appreciated how good an episode this was at the time (and Darts would have probably been my favourite bit back then) but in retrospect it is stellar.

Comment

Midway through the latest - the all in one feed doesn't seem to be working - and wingco 's amazing Pogues story gets immediately topped by Al's. Sarah Bee doing sterling work as well, it's another great episode (Dec 17, 1987).

Comment

The Pogues story is good, but overall Sarah Bee is bossing the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                      The Pogues story is good, but overall Sarah Bee is bossing the episode.
                      Sarah Bee's tactical tutting and sighing is worth the admission fee alone.

The unanimous take down of that Comic Relief abomination was another highlight.

Comment

I've just finished Part 1 of episode 46 and have finally done what I should have done years ago and subscribed. There's none of them I couldn't listen to all day... Nish does on occasion seem to be a tad on the sexist side but all in all I love it. Taylor's crabbit monologues are a highlight.

Comment

As trailed on the most recent episode, Al/Nishlord appeared as a talking head on last night's "Story of 1989" TOTP doc on BBC4.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                            As trailed on the most recent episode, Al/Nishlord appeared as a talking head on last night's "Story of 1989" TOTP doc on BBC4.
                            I knew the name was familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                              Any way for we antipodeans to see it? BBC iPlayer is geoblocked.

Comment

Aye the iplayer geoblock is piss annoying.

Comment

Jive Bunny vs The Nish

Comment

Oh brilliant. I'll bewatching the whole thing. I enjoyed the past editions of those docus, even though the talking heads rarely offer incisive commentary.

Comment

Sadly we've lost Nish's wonderful diatribe about Jive Bunny on one of the older versions of otf.

Comment

1980 is still up, so that's my next hour sorted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kesfkWFlzoQ

Comment

I like 'Fanfare for the Common Man' by ELP. There, I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                                            I like 'Fanfare for the Common Man' by ELP. There, I said it.
                                            You can like whatever you like my friend. I seem to recall my very first post on OTF, many many years ago, was on a thread where members listed the music they were currently listening to. I think it was G-Man who suggested my post was either a massive gee-up, or I was very brave for what I did.

Comment

I suspect the latter. I'm sure it was very welcoming either way.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                                I suspect the latter. I'm sure it was very welcoming either way.
                                                Well I’m still here, albeit in a more limited capacity. Have enjoyed almost every second of it!

Comment

Billy Eilish will sing the new Bond theme - fairly decent body of work to date, so should at least be more on the Chris Cornell end of the Craig spectrum than Sam Smith.

Comment

??

Comment

Working...
                                                    X