X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Details, details!

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
      Jah Rule has always been shit, mind. Made famous by taking people's songs and making them worse.
      Like Bob Dylan but in reverse?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
        Details, details!
        Fair enough - it could be the 'lack' of said major organ that lasts 'forever', if we're dealing with semantics.

Comment

The liver is the only visceral organ that regenerates itself, so technically.....

Comment

https://twitter.com/phil_lewis_/status/1645808421306769410?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow

Comment

Given that he was already running a second scam while on trial for the first one, I can't say I'm surprised.

Comment

Perhaps this is a naive question, but what kind of idiot would buy tickets to Fyre II?

Comment

Low information types, disaster tourists and content providers

Comment

"I think it's safe to say he's learned his lesson."

Comment

There's one rather large detail that suggests otherwise...

Comment

The (reported) fact that people are paying $2,000 per head to get into offsite after-parties around Coachella this weekend (over and above Coachella tickets themselves) because certain influencers have their name attached to them suggests that there would be a lot of willing buyers of tickets for Fyre II.

Comment

Update on the McChancer here. But it's not really this gormless fraudulent twat that fascinates me, it's the people who'd be dumbfucked up enough to hand him a single penny.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                            Update on the McChancer here. But it's not really this gormless fraudulent twat that fascinates me, it's the people who'd be dumbfucked up enough to hand him a single penny.
                            I don't know much about delusions of grandeur, but if I ever departed reality like that, I'd hope I'd aspire to something more than a festival promoter/con-artist.

Comment

There's something darkly poetic about the promoters thinking that the islands are called 'the Exhumas'.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                                I remember there was a very short extract on the Netflix documentary featuring a guest on a chat show (I don’t actually know who it was) who had clearly been asked about Fyre festival and responded by saying something to the effect that “anyone who pays $20,000 to go and see a festival where Blink 182 were the headliners deserves to be conned”.

Not that the headliners actually headlined, of course.

Comment

I think Blink 182 are very good at doing what they're trying to do. I've not seen them live, however.

Comment

So, the festival has no date and no acts, but according to Mr Honesty....the first batch has sold out. Goodness, I'd best get mine...FOMO.

https://us.cnn.com/2023/08/22/entert...ets/index.html

Comment

He doesn't add how many tickets were in that first batch. It might be two.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheep View Post
                                        He doesn't add how many tickets were in that first batch. It might be two.
                                        It's revealed towards the end of the Guardian article - 100 tickets at $499 each.

Comment

Okay, well, as a Sheep, I can easily believe that 100 people can be found who have much more money than sense.

Comment

Or someone in Ticketmaster is swearing at the programmers of the automated ticket buying bot.

(To be honest with you, I guarantee that over 50% of those ticket sales are sold to be bought on for a profit. And a significant portion of the rest are sold to variations of Mr M BcFarland and Mr Snurb.)

Comment

The guy's an unrepentant fraudster. He was even crimeing when he was out on bail.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                                Or someone in Ticketmaster is swearing at the programmers of the automated ticket buying bot.

(To be honest with you, I guarantee that over 50% of those ticket sales are sold to be bought on for a profit. And a significant portion of the rest are sold to variations of Mr M BcFarland and Mr Snurb.)
                                                This.

I suspect some people would pay $500 or more just for the remote chance to be there. If it goes to shit again, it will be good content for their channel. Besuretolikeandsubscribe.

Comment

So Burning Man is a washout this weekend. There’s so much mud that travel in out and around is banned and they’ve been told to preserve food and water. How long until it gets full Fyre?

Comment

Vegas is worse

https://twitter.com/NWSVegas/status/1698137271336415310?s=20

Comment

Working...
                                                    X