Let's argue about noise rock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best of noise rock according to the Quietus. Good to see Shellac, Rapeman, Fugazi and Nomeansno there (although the latter aren't 'noise rock").Would have like to have seen Quicksand and Refused in there.

On a related note, has anyone else seen Carcass on FB recently. Just after I castigated him for saying Judas Priest invented metal, he disappeared. Obviously, there is a strong chance he has blocked me for such a sin but I am slightly concerned he has dropped off the planet.

He seems to be alive and well from what I can see. Promoting Jolly Lad audio book, possibly working on Jolly Lad the Musical.

Comment

Ah, it's just me then. Fair enough.

Comment

Nah, I'm down with a bit of that stuff. The Swans, I would add to the list, plus Flipper, Squirrel Bait/Slint, Butthole Surfers and Scratch Acid perhaps.

The best by a mile, however, are/were Live Skull. Loved them.

(Can't help re Carcass [the poster], however...)

Comment

Would Lightning Bolt fit into this category (can't be bothered going through their list)? One of my top five gigs, them, All Tomorrow's Parties about 8 years ago.

Comment

Lightning Bolt were in there.

Not sure I saw Godflesh, though.

Comment

Would At The Drive In count?

They were rock, but were they noisy enough?

I could name a few other noise bands, but I'm assuming there has to be an identifiable element for rock in the songs, too.

Comment

Working...
              X