Biscuits in Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biscuits in Rock

I'll just hope no-one spotted it before.

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

ad hoc wrote: Michael Jackson - You Arnott Alone
      (one for the Aussies there)
      Very good AH. And their greatest hit as producers:

Tim-Tam Dunk (Da Funk) – Five

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Am I the only person on this thread who's never heard of Peak Freans, by the way? What has been widely lauded as the best joke herein went clean over my head, in the sense that the reference means the square root of sod all to me...?

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

I don't know how well-known Peek Freans are outside the UK.

Of course, their most famous line was the Trotsky Assortment.

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Duncan Gardner wrote: While passing through Birkenhead town center yesterday
            Oh, the horror.

Say Hello, Wafer Goodbye

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Stumpy Pepys wrote: I don't know how well-known Peek Freans are outside the UK.

Of course, their most famous line was the Trotsky Assortment.
              #Revolutionary biscuits of Italy,
              Rise up out of your box...#

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Have now googled Peek Freans and caught up a bit – so, a manufacturer not a type of biscuit as I assumed. Am in the UK, but their heyday was a bit before my time, it would appear.
                Next query: mentions of the Nice biscuit upthread reminds me, can anyone clear up whether it's "nice" to rhyme with rice, or Nice as in the town in southern France? I've always pronounced it the latter way, but wonder if that's mainly because calling a biscuit merely "nice" seems both unimaginatively prosaic and rather presumptive.

On that subject, can I add the bet-hedging double whammy of The Stranglers' Nice In Nice?

Also, anything by the Afghan Whigs – perhaps Royal Cream off their 2014 comeback album

Foxes – Echo.
                Sadly nothing to do with this much-missed favourite of mine:

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Biscuit Case - Green Day
                  We Built McVitie's - Starship
                  Sgt Pepperidge Farm's Lonely Hearts Club Biscuit - The Beatles (Apologies for that excruciating double...)

Anything by Biscuit Tin Machine

Mumpo wrote: Keep On Loving You - OREO Speedwagon

I'll just hope no-one spotted it before.
                  Nice try. But unsuccessful.

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

The Irish Rover Assortment - Pogues/Dubliners
                    Hello Maryland - Ricky Nelson
                    Nabisco Inferno - Trammps

Various Artists wrote:
                    Next query: mentions of the Nice biscuit upthread reminds me, can anyone clear up whether it's "nice" to rhyme with rice, or Nice as in the town in southern France? I've always pronounced it the latter way, but wonder if that's mainly because calling a biscuit merely "nice" seems both unimaginatively prosaic and rather presumptive.

On that subject, can I add the bet-hedging double whammy of The Stranglers' Nice In Nice?
                    Yes, it's pronounced like 'niece', therefore that ol' Stranglers number should really have been the only submission (ie, rather than the same gag repeated over and over with different song titles).

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Pepparkakorlife - Blur

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Ruby Shrewsbury - Rolling Stones

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Cookie's In Love. By Biccie Lee Jones.

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Jah Womble wrote: Yes, it's pronounced like 'niece', therefore that ol' Stranglers number should really have been the only submission (ie, rather than the same gag repeated over and over with different song titles).
                            My most profuse apologies but I can't have been alone in pronouncing them like the word synonymous with "pleasant" when I was a young 'un.

And the Stereophonics one still counts as the spelling's the same.

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Andy C wrote: Cookie's In Love. By Biccie Lee Jones.
                              Heh.

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Trois Fois Un Rouge wrote:
                                Originally posted by Jah Womble
                                Yes, it's pronounced like 'niece', therefore that ol' Stranglers number should really have been the only submission (ie, rather than the same gag repeated over and over with different song titles).
                                My most profuse apologies but I can't have been alone in pronouncing them like the word synonymous with "pleasant" when I was a young 'un.

And the Stereophonics one still counts as the spelling's the same.
                                Well, by that judgment, all songs with the word 'nice' in the title would count, no?

But you're right in that almost everyone pronounced the biscuit that way when I was a sprog.

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Not with my Mum running the show. But she has a silent "h" in "hotel" and a silent "t" at the end of "trait".

Bless her - 86 next week.

As you were.

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

(Looking Through) Garibaldi's Eyes - The Adverts

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Irk the puritz - Half Man Half Biscuit

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Sits wrote: Someone will mention Jaffa cakes in a minute. .
                                        Jaffa Stafari

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Sits wrote: Not with my Mum running the show. But she has a silent "h" in "hotel" and a silent "t" at the end of "trait".

Bless her - 86 next week.

As you were.
                                          Good on her - clearly a lady of standards.

Comment

Biscuits in Rock

Jah Womble wrote:
                                            Originally posted by Various Artists
                                            Brilliant, always good to feel vindicated after doubting yourself for a bit. Thanks Jah.

Bourbon The Wild Side – Lou Reed

Dunk On Ah [Fig] Roll – James Brown
                                            Uptown Dunk – Mark Ronson
                                            Uptown Top Dunking – Althea & Donna
                                            Too Dunky – George Michael
                                            (leading inevitably to: Soggy Seems To Be The Hardest Word – Elton John)

The Biscuit's Back – Elton John
                                            Honkit Kat – Elton John
                                            Bit of a shame that only one half of Elton's double A-side (from the Sleeping With The Past era, as I recall) counts: Club At The End Of The Street/Wispas

Anything by F.K.A. Twix

Malted Milk And Alcohol – Dr Feelgood

Jammiedodger (Jam In) – Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
                                            X