The Bolshoi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bolshoi

Wordy and tuneful rock band from the Golden Age of the Chart Show Indie Chart (which they didn't trouble very much).

As often, I find myself reaching for the expression "good bad books". Their best known single, TV Man, was about how people watched too much TV, but it had some nice bits of phrasing and timing.

Anyone else remember them?

The Bolshoi

Never thought much to The Bolshoi myself, thinking that they suffered from falling between stools musically, but I knew plenty of people who liked them. (My sister went out with a guy who was seriously into them, and attended a couple of their gigs: to whit, she had their Lindy's Party album and a huge black/blue poster on her wall for about a month.)

Comment

The Bolshoi

Surely 'Away' was their "best known single"? I saw them quite a bit around the Hammersmith Clarendon/Kingston Poly style circuit and it's certainly the only song I can recall.

Comment

The Bolshoi

Only singles played on the Chart Show count.

Comment

The Bolshoi

Pretty sure it was, as is this guy.

Comment

The Bolshoi

I've been outchartshowed.

Comment

The Bolshoi

oh, this isn't what I expected.

I was going to ask if they are worth the money for their summer tour.

Comment

The Bolshoi

Saw them quite a few times...always as support, though..often with The Cult if I recall.

I never thought enough of them to buy anything or see them in their right though.

(..and RaydG..you jog happy memories of many a good do down the Clarendon...)

Comment

The Bolshoi

Rather unsurprisingly, I share the same memories with Ray. I also thought that the Wonderstuff were a rip-off of them but never listened to enough of both bands' stuff together at the time or since to check my theory. Probably just that they both had arsey singers. I certainly preferred the Bolshoi.

Comment

Working...
                  X