Maurice White RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maurice White RIP

Faces is surprisingly dull in parts, even though it was recorded between I Am and Raise!, two of their best. I don't think I've ever managed to sit down and listen to the entire thing in one sitting.

Spirit would be a brilliant album if it didn't have so many ballads.

Comment

Maurice White RIP

I saw the surviving version of EW&F last night in West Palm Beach, FL, on a double bill with Chicago (they actually played as one merged band on a few tracks, including September). Philip Bailey remains stunning and so do the bass and horns. The songs stand up well to live arrangement.

Chicago - great horn section, a stunning version of 25 or 6 to 4, but their voices (which were never great) are shot.

Comment

Maurice White RIP

I'm seeing them on June 28 over here, looking forward to it big time. Chicago aren't involved though.

Comment

Maurice White RIP

EW&F and Chicago have been touring together for a couple of years. I've only seen videos, but Satchmo's description sounds spot on.

Comment

Maurice White RIP

I could put up with a Chicago live set as long as they didn't do all the vile 1980s ballads like Hard Habit To Break etc.

Street Player is a great track.

Comment

Maurice White RIP

Yeah, unfortunately those ballads were played and stuck out like a sore thumb.

Comment

Working...
              X