The Voice of a Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Voice of a Child

Not singing, either alone or in a chorus, but talking.

I seem to have unintentionally acquired quite a few of these over the years.

There are intros:

Pop Goes the World — Men Without Hats.

Outros:

America — The Nice

And bits in the middle:

Daddy Where Did I Come From — The Nice again. They seemed to have made a habit of exploiting children, but the kid here (@ around 2:15) is totally incomprehensible.

And probably most famously, at least to someone my age: Hole in my Shoe — Traffic @ 1:50

Any favourites?

The Voice of a Child

I very rarely hesitate if an opportunity to promote the truly wondrous yet criminally overlooked Jellyfish arises.

Anyway,a child's voice here at 0.21 on the excellent "Sebrina, Paste and Plato" from the 'Spilt Milk' album.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jCqFx9rJATo

Comment

The Voice of a Child

Hey Matthew - Karel Fialka

Comment

The Voice of a Child

There's a young man who goes by the name of Jeff who rap's and talks on De La Soul's - Brain Washed Follower & The Mack Daddy On The Left. Both 3ft-era b-side gems, particularly Mack Daddy.

He was thought to be (the latterly better known as) Chi-Ali at one point, apparently it isn't though.

Comment

The Voice of a Child

Someone please tell me the Cafe del Mar track that has the child's voice on it, it's bugging me and I don't want to dig the CD out. I could, I suppose, maybe Balaeric chill out would be just the thing after all these years.

Comment

The Voice of a Child

Outkast's - Bamboo (interlude) from The Love Below/Speakerboxx features Big Boi's son of the same name, and has the same backbeat as Tomb Of The Boom, my favourite out-and-out rap recording from that great double LP. Always thought Ludacris won the best rap on that one imo.

Comment

The Voice of a Child

MsD wrote: Someone please tell me the Cafe del Mar track that has the child's voice on it, it's bugging me and I don't want to dig the CD out. I could, I suppose, maybe Balaeric chill out would be just the thing after all these years.
              Grillos by Paco Fernandes?

I hate chill out music, so I don't know where I dredged that one up from.

Comment

The Voice of a Child

Thanks, will check it out and tell you if that's the one I'm thinking of.

I loved ambient and chillout for a year or two, then really went off it. A lot of it is just muzak, out of context, isn't it? Now might be a good time for someone to go back and sort the genius stuff from the crap.

Comment

The Voice of a Child

yes, that's it .. and it's quite nice listening to it after a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c-UNgxENtI

Comment

The Voice of a Child

Hole in My Shoe is the first pop song I can remember liking and bothering to learn. (The Traffic original, obviously.)

I'm not going to link to it, but The Land of Make Believe by Bucks Fizz must surely be a shoo-in here...

Comment

The Voice of a Child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2DG-cP5ir8

Comment

Working...
                      X