Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sensitive troubadours who are right c***s...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensitive troubadours who are right c***s...

...And sometimes mysoginistic ones, at that.

a) Mark Kozelek

Sensitive troubadours who are right cunts...

Gross. I like "Songs from A Blue Guitar," but don't know anything else by him.

Is he having substance abuse problems?

Comment

Ugly. In every sense. If he's ever Done It With A Lady, he's punching above his weight.

Comment

The thread title was irresistible although it turns out I've never heard anything by this arsehole.

Comment

Jackson Browne and Van Morrison both sprang irresistibly to mind when I saw the title. But the world is full of them.

Comment

There's no doubt Mark behaved like shit and should be called out on it. In some way. But every time one of these articles appear I can't help think the writer isn't behaving much better.
            What purpose does it serve beyond The fourth power being used for personal vendetta?
            “I’ll get you now, you prick! I’ll plaster your face all over internet with a bit of rage hidden behind 5 well written paragraphs pulling your name through shit creek”

Comment

My bias is usually towards the side of the artist, rather than the journalist, but this was a sustained, misogynist attack, and she had done nothing to warrant any attack at all, so he can fuck off.

Comment

Yeah, what MsD said.

Comment

What a strange conflicted man. Maybe he'll write a song about this post.

"Hugh Fatbastard said I'm a strange conflicted man, he can go fuck himself".

It'll be about his first bike.

Comment

I remember seeing him at Field Day a few years ago and he was whining because there was a tent 200 yards away playing dance music.
                    I like a bit of Red House Painters, but he seriously has some major issues.

Comment

]I remember seeing him at Field Day a few years ago and he was whining because there was a tent 200 yards away playing dance music.
                      Clearly a man of some taste.
                      Mostly bad, it must be said, but I'm with him on this one.

Maybe his management should've checked out the possibility of blip-blop happening in the vicinity?

Nick Cave is a bit of a bollocks according to some colleagues of mine.

Comment

MsD wrote: My bias is usually towards the side of the artist, rather than the journalist, but this was a sustained, misogynist attack, and she had done nothing to warrant any attack at all, so he can fuck off.
                        I'm leaning way more towards what you are saying but I'm still, just like, saying that it ain't 100% beutiful what she's done. That's all. I wouldn't praise here ever for that article.

Comment

[quote=Calvert post=1060803]
                          ]
                          Nick Cave is a bit of a bollocks according to some colleagues of mine.
                          Nick Cave has that aura of a man who think he's done more to symphony than Mozart has. have you seen the documentary? 20,000 days on earth. Not something I want to see again.

Comment

Nick Lowe > Nick Cave

Comment

Nick Heyward > Nick Lowe

Comment

Nick Drake > Nick Heyward

Comment

Fussbudget wrote: Nick Heyward > Nick Lowe
                                  I'm not sure this one could really be made to stand up in a court of law.

Comment

Nick Berry > Nick Cave

Comment

Nick Beggs > all of them

Comment

Green Calx wrote: Jackson Browne and Van Morrison both sprang irresistibly to mind when I saw the title. But the world is full of them.
                                        I am not sure that Van Morrison is known as anything other than a right cunt with a great voice.

Comment

What makes him a cunt?
                                          I've heard this loads of times but never understood.
                                          Is it because his club's Glasgow Rangers?

Comment

Van has no discernible interest in sport of any kind. He's also completely non-sectarian. He's just a prick.

Comment

He's a JW isn't he? Doesn't that mean he's just a teeny bit sectarian?

Comment

Van has dabbled in shitloads of stuff, from Scientology to atheism. His mother was a Jehovah's Witness for a while but he isn't.

Comment

It's all a bit subjective though, isn't it? I've encountered VM a couple of times - going into shops and things, and yes he seemed grumpy, and Mark Ellen says "there are two types of people, whose who like Van Morrison, and those who have met him", so maybe he is horrible.

On the other hand, some musicians may be tense with sound crews etc. because of pre-gig nerves, and wanting to get it right, might be shy, might scowl because they're shortsighted or self conscious or constipated, or simply don't want to encourage another excruciatingly embarrassing fawning session.

I can think of three popstars (off the top of my head) who are generally seen as being "lovely", almost saintly; especially as two are dead. They always had time to talk to fans for a minute so therefore must be wonderful, eh? In each case, they've done some shitty things to people close to them.

A grumpy demeanour doesn't necessarily make you a horrible person. And charm is superficial.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X