Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Record Store Day 2015

This was on Discogs earlier...

The shops have only been open for four hours and there are, currently, as of 12.05 GMT, 1,235 RSD 2015 items for sale on eBay.

Record Store Day is the one day of the year I avoid my local store

Comment

Record Store Day 2015

So you go in 364 days a year? They must love you.

I didn't go today and I wouldn't queue anywhere, but there's a nice buzz and the people who saw the free gigs are happy enough. My friend who works at one of the more high-profile stores was a bit frazzled.

I got someone to put aside the gold Kings and a Changes picture disc (Bowie), which I'm quite excited about.

Comment

Record Store Day 2015

Exiled off Main Street wrote: This was on Discogs earlier...

The shops have only been open for four hours and there are, currently, as of 12.05 GMT, 1,235 RSD 2015 items for sale on eBay.

Record Store Day is the one day of the year I avoid my local store
        I don't usually get worked up over Record Store Day because I pop in at record stores any old day, but I really wanted one of the releases this year--it's the soundtrack to one of my all-time favorite movies, and having it on vinyl would be like a nod at the fact that one of the main characters works in a record store.

I had to go to another event on Saturday, so by the time I got to a shop that I knew had it (I'd called on Friday), it was gone. And of course it's all over eBay now. Damn it. Do people really buy these records just to turn around and resell them? I hate people.

Comment

Record Store Day 2015

Well, once you've taped them...

Comment

Record Store Day 2015

Heliotrope wrote: ...;it's the soundtrack to one of my all-time favorite movies, and having it on vinyl would be like a nod at the fact that one of the main characters works in a record store.
            High Fidelity?

Comment

Record Store Day 2015

No, The Family Way.

san2sboro wrote: Well, once you've taped them...
              Then they don't need to sell them for way more than the store charged, and the listings are usually saying that they are sealed, which means that the person had no intention of ever doing anything other than reselling.

Comment

Record Store Day 2015

Changes single:

Comment

Record Store Day 2015

Record Store Day becomes the tipping point for the best independent store in Edinburgh.

I miss Avalanche by being in the US - it was my second formative record store after the one in my parents town. It is sad that I won't ever get to go back.

Comment

Record Store Day 2015

That is a shame, and my optimism about RSD seems misplaced.

Comment

Working...
                    X