Muse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muse

I Like 'Uno' and 'Unintended', but if you're put off by Matt's histrionics then you probably won't find much to agree with me on.

Comment

Muse

I'm sure I read somewhere a long time ago that Bellamy at least was well aware of how bombastically preposterous they appeared and that they were playing up to that image very deliberately.

Comment

Muse

I dig these guys. I've always thought Absolution sounded like it could have been Radiohead's next album (after Ok Computer), instead of Kid A (which I've never liked).

Comment

Muse

Thought they'd be great after New Born and Plug-In Baby but they seemed to go in a different direction after that... Knights of Cydonia in particular is fucking awful.

Max Payne wrote:
          As for groups that are "Tight" live. Interpol always cut it.
          Saw them in San Francisco after the success of Turn On the Bright Lights. Paul Banks was flashing daggers at Carlos D throughout because the timing was so bad. Wasn't surprised he soon left the band. Lost interest after Antics. Surprised they still bother. Banks's voice irritates me these days. My girl really likes them, though. No accounting for taste, is there...

Comment

Muse

I've always loved Unintended since I first heard it in, what, 2000? The closest I've come to liking them generally was when they subsequently came up with Plug In Baby and a couple of others around the same period, and the odd one like Supermassive Black Hole more recently, but I've never had a particular urge to own any of the albums and otherwise they're a band I admire more than enjoy, in general. I don't quite know why this should be so. I'm glad they're still at it, though, in their full preposterous bombasticism.

Comment

Muse

I've seen Muse 3 times live but don't own any of their albums, which sums them up. They are spectacular live - visually and sonically - but I've never felt the need to get an album. They are very much a singles band.

Comment

Working...
              X