Songs you hate with a passion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bloody Doe a Deer song sung by the Tartan Army. It drives me crazy when i hear it. How a team are supposed to get inspired by that i have no idea?

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote:
      My sister, her partner and I used to play this game. And as we all knew each other's most hated song, you just had to say a word to upset the other person. For the record:

Mine most hated: If You Leave Me Now - Chicago
      My sister's: Music - John Miles
      Her partner's: Lucky Stars - Dean Friedman
      I think my older brother has posted pics on facebook of him and Dean Friedman backstage on some boat in Glasgow. It may have been some other execrable MOR great of the 70s, as he has a habit of unearthing them.

Comment

My sister was briefly pals with Dean Friedman, too. She'll be very disappointed if it turns out that he just befriends everyone.

Comment

6 pages in, and not one mention for the as-appealing-as-an-acid-bath outpourings of the utterly dreadful Avicii. Until now, obvs.

Comment

The Alan Partridge Project wrote: My touchstone is whether a live audience whoops when it hears the first few notes.

Step forward Hotel California
            Ah, I have a job for you. My daughter makes me sing this to her pretty much every night before she goes to sleep.

Looking at this Hate Parade, some of you people must find wedding receptions utter torture.

Comment

That's bearly a problem for some of us; I've not been to many wedding receptions...

Comment

Having to endure "family together time" watching the X Factor this Saturday, reminded me of one song that I had erased from my memory.
                For some reason at least two of the the victims in Boot camp chose to sing "I love Rock n Roll ", by Joan Jett and her Blackheads - (I know it's Blackhearts).
                I have always hated this song and the awful versions heard on the Cowell fest did nothing to change my mind.

Interestingly, the much maligned Hotel California was also sung ; but was arranged totally different and totally better than The Eagles version.

Comment

The Alan Partridge Project wrote: My touchstone is whether a live audience whoops when it hears the first few notes.
                  This is probably 94% of the reason I hate Brown Eyed Girl so much. The 'sha la la la la la...la tee da' is at least another 5% of it.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Kraftwerk are grand and all that but what is the point in seeing them live?
                    Finally. I thought I was the only one.
                    Also, Daft Punk. It's probably fun for five minutes but then?

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Kraftwerk are grand and all that but what is the point in seeing them live?
                      I saw them last year and it were ace: concerts for people who generally don't like concerts. I'm distrustful of the kind of group experience which leads to people holding their cigarette lighters (as was) aloft as they demand encores. Give me the glassy artificiality and Tron with a paunch-ness of Kraftwerk any day.

Comment

A little research might unearth a fairly substantial middle-ground, of course...

Comment

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote: I'm sorry if I wasted your time.
                          The song is so close to Sinnerman with Nina Simone.
                          probably something by Moby ?

Comment

Haddock wrote:
                            Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
                            Kraftwerk are grand and all that but what is the point in seeing them live?
                            I saw them last year and it were ace: concerts for people who generally don't like concerts. I'm distrustful of the kind of group experience which leads to people holding their cigarette lighters (as was) aloft as they demand encores. Give me the glassy artificiality and Tron with a paunch-ness of Kraftwerk any day.
                            It's also worth noting that they put a good deal of effort into providing visual distraction while they're not bouncing around on stage. Hell, it was even in 3D last time.

Comment

I saw Kraftwerk at Latitude in 2013, thought they were ace.

Comment

There are quite a few songs I could do with never hearing again, but the ones I truly loathed (possibly either blaring in shops or some other public outlet) were the ones where singing with any controlled passion or feeling was rejected in favour of this horrible breathy, throaty groaning that the singer obviously mistook for sensuality. Think of a softer form of the sound made by the ghost in The Grudge. Yeah, that.

Comment

Anything by fucking Gotye. Fucking hate that twat.

Comment

Any song accompanying a car advert...

Comment

I had forgotten just how desperately utterly fucking awful this piece of execrable UTTER FUCKING SHITE this was -

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                                        Originally posted by VTTBoscombe
                                        But worst of all is 'Lil Stevie's " I just called".
                                        I think the last one upsets me the most as it's from bloody Stevie Wonder who should have known better …
                                        I think it's exacerbated by the production and the horrible 80s synth sound.
                                        I'm not certain that this is it. I remember vividly that day when the radio DJ announced that he'd be playing Stevie Wonder's new record shortly. I waited with baited breath, anticipating to hear my new favourite song. When I heard it, I was instantly disgusted by it.

The production values and the synth were not the problem, because much of the music in 1984 sounded like that -- though it has made the song even worse subsequently.

I think it's the nursery rhyme melody of the verses, and the lazy melody of the chorus.

The mid-80s produced an incredible amount of risible ballads. "Lady In Red", Jennifer Rush's "The Power of Love", "Suddenly", that Peter Cetera song from The Karate Kid, "I Should Have Known Better"...

It was an undefeated series for ten years until the genre of horrible ballads became incorporated in one person in the form of Celine Dion.

Comment

Everything from Queen (except the song with Bowie because Bowie saves it).

Everything from Midnight Oil

Comment

Working...
                                          X