Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albums You Bought But Have Yet To Listen To

Two immediately spring to mind for me.

Eberhard Schoener - Video Flasback (It had a track called Codeword Elvis featuring the Police) and

Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me - The Cure - it cost 99p in Woolies as a double album and is still to be played.

I've got quite a few picked up cheaply on eBay and in charity shops since they started flogging CDs off for a pound each. Their time will come, I tell myself.

One that I bought on release and never got round to listening for for some reason is Gravity The Seducer by Ladytron.

Comment

* A second-hand vinyl copy of Flesh & Blood by Roxy Music
      * The last Joan as Policewoman LP

Comment

I love Flesh And Blood.
        Apart from a totally fucking pointless cover of Midnight Hour.

Joan As Policewoman and her crew were without doubt one of the most craic-free acts we've ever had to endure.
        Might've been a bad day.

Quite a few examples of this. Mostly Xmas presents from well-meaning people. Anything I've actually bought I've usually bothered to give it at least one listening. I was so pished on pay day once I bought Blue Monday twelve inch despite fucking detesting the song. That never got played.

* Bowie At The Beeb - who the fuck wants to listen to demo versions of anything?

* Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac demos.

I mean, I love Bowie & Peter Green, but, y'know. Life's too short.

Comment

I have a little stack of these that typically slowly reduces in size until I find myself in one of these shops where CDs cost a euro each and then I end up with twenty more of them. Current stack:

Bloc Party - Four More EP
          David Bowie - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars
          Coldplay - Brothers & Sisters EP
          dEUS - Pocket Revolution
          Freak Power - Drive-thru Booty
          Het Allerbeste Van Het Goede Doel*
          Lykke Li - Youth Novels
          Missy Elliott - This Is Not A Test
          Paolo Nutini - Sunny Side Up
          System Of A Down - Hypnotize

*this was a gift, possibly sarcastically meant

Comment

Benjm wrote: I've got quite a few picked up cheaply on eBay and in charity shops since they started flogging CDs off for a pound each. Their time will come, I tell myself.

One that I bought on release and never got round to listening for for some reason is Gravity The Seducer by Ladytron.
            I love Ladytron, but after hearing Gravity the Seducer on stream, I didn't like it enough to get round to buying it. Figured that whenever I wanted to put them on, I'd put on whichever of the first four albums I have by them that I fancied at the time.

Ace of Hz is great though, I have that on my laptop and play it often on train journeys.

My contribution to this thread is that I recently went to see a friend's band, Tellison, play a gig in Nottingham. They were supporting an artists called Kevin Devine, who I had not previously been aware of.

I really enjoyed Devine's solo set, and was torn for which CD available at the gig I should buy. He released two albums at the same time in 2013, Bulldozer and Bubblegum, so I rashly forked out for both.

I played one of the albums at home the next day, and was very underwhelmed. The other album remains unopened. I know I should play them, but haven't had the time nor the inclination.

I'll try again soon, I really will. Sorry Kevin!

Comment

Shit the bed! Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me is fucking brilliant! Every song apart from The Snakepit is a winner.

Comment

Ok Hobbes I'll dust down the Denon turntable and give it a play.

Comment

That U2 that's appeared unwanted in my iTunes.

Comment

Working...
                  X