Motorhead slow numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorhead slow numbers

Cal Alamein wrote: Two of my favorite Motorhead songs are Limb From Limb and Stone Dead Forever. Both are longish, start slow then rip into a glorious, noisy jam for the last couple of minutes.
    Stone Dead Forever is one of my favourites too - along with Overkill (album version).

Of course that was the classic line-up for me and I was not keen on the dual guitar line-up of Wurzel and Campbell - too twiddly. The odd decent album but I felt they'd lost the spark.

Comment

Motorhead slow numbers

The Fast Eddie/Philthy Animal line-up is everyone's favourite, surely?

I was fine with the Wurzel/Phil Campbell line-up as long as they had Philthy or Pete Gill but it was Mikkey Dee that ruined it, great useless donkey that he is.

Comment

Motorhead slow numbers

I must revisit Another Perfect Day actually as the songs I remember of it stand up much better than I thought of them at the time. Obviously, Brian Robertson was never really a Motörhead guitarist but was the George Lazenby in their history. Indeed, I am interested to see that, according to Wikipedia, he only signed a one album deal. I have never heard of an individual band member doing that before.

Comment

Motorhead slow numbers

'Shine' and 'Dancing on your Grave' are songs I return to a lot.

'APD' wasn't a terrible album and Roberston's a great guitarist but it was the touring around it that made it clear that he was a terrible mistake; refusing to play a lot of Fast Eddie era classics, wearing the legwarmers/Alan Partridge running shorts/headband outfit and, worst of all, forcing Lemmy to play out of position on the left.

Comment

Working...
          X