WONDERFUL WONDERFUL, COPENHAGEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central Rain wrote: Lithuanian presenter can really, really fuck off.
    The Latvian one, on the other hand, was perfect. Everybody else dressed up in their finest to pass the scores to Denmark, and this guy decides to wear a two-sizes-too-large Latvian hockey jersey because reasons. I liked that a lot.

Comment

France is still trying to make out that it's too cool for something so mediocre as eurovision. This might have been arguable 15 years ago, but nowadays television in France, like everywhere else, is infested with karaoke shows. I recently had to sit through the French version of The voice; let me assure you that French people are not above sitting through hours of unironic mediocrity.

Comment

Comment

Gerontophile wrote: I saw a comment on the Guardian from a 'gay' man, who derided the win.

His reasoning was that it reinforces the stereotype that all gay men are feminine.
          By that logic, shouldn't he deride the very existence of feminine gay men, falling in the same reductionist mindset he seems to be denouncing?

Or is he upset by the thought that the gay viewers who presumably voted for him/her did so in the assumption that (s)he was one of them?

Comment

Pat: I have been thinking about this for a week.

I have no fucking idea. Sorry. The person concerned had a well argued point. Hence my mentioning it here.

Something to do with gay man /= drag queen or something.

Comment

So, in summary, another Eurovision year passes with nothing to rival "Love Shine a Light".

Comment

We are thankful for small mercies.

(Why does everyone think that was a good song? It was a good SINGER, crap song. Alternative reality to Gina G. Fantastic song, craparama drama.)

One assumes that EEG, you are talking about the UK?

NO-ONE CARES IF WE WIN INCLUDING US.

You want good songs? I am embarrassed to say this, but FUCK OFF, THAT ISN'T THE POINT.

I return you to the arts. And apologies. I am in the middle of starting another topic, elsewhere, and am very angry about something else entirely. Sorry.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-CmEbXH90M

?

Comment

You know, there is something going on, and I can't let this thing go.

This is what it is. It was '97. It is magnificent. (It 'came' behind UK in the order of singing. Gina G: Eat your ass off.)

Behold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud2MbWKwYzw

Stay with it. It is fun. BY ORDER!

Comment

watching this (before I've had my shreddies no less) was more than likely the gayest thing I'm going to do today

* it was ok. would have liked some subs.

Comment

I am trying to work a thesis about geo-politics, and stuff, about Eurovision, and I have come to a conclusion:

The next UK Eurovision entry, should be the Scissor Sisters.

My work is done. (Oh no it fucking isn't. And with grammar and spelling, ook. But, other than throwing an Englebert, we lose. But In the last (10) years, no-one cared. And no-one cares.)

Comment

luke r: Iceland thing? It wasn't.

Comment

Eat your Shreddies. My typing is all I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-c90MB50do

Enjoy

Comment

Bucket, please try to meet a tune.

Comment

Now, imagine if Kylie had sang that, for the UK... Geo-politics. Christ, if the funding hadn't stopped, I could do a whole thesis on Brainstorm, and why that worked. (See 'Ex7, c9, p3' for details)

Comment

The problem was, that 'WE' tried with Sonia. And even I like that one.

But trying is not winning.

You have to be ... willing to lose, to win.

Comment

To this day, there are people who think that 'Better the devil you know' is a Sonia, song, as opposed to 'Never stop me from loving you', etc.

Dont worry, I am paying for this, so that you do not have to.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ_tOw6lfIY

Comment

She was magnificent at Pride '91. She blew on stage, and everyone stopped tripping, because she has a magnificent mouth. Like Anjelina Jolie, sic, who knows?

Back to reality.

Could you imagine a States wide, song contest, with people who were a) didnt have problems, and b) not fucking mental? Oh and c) too many states, not enough Federation. Bite me.

d) can you just IMAGINE a US song contest from the states? Dolly wins. Or, occasionally, some nigger like Andre 3000, or heysus, some guy from that good shit like N E R D, wins?

Ah well. Cracker getting old now.

My penny is on Teach-in. Or golden Earring.

Aphex Twins are quite nice. And there is a computer game ... something about 'Firestarter'?

x

Comment

I do not apologise for using the word 'cracker'.

Comment

Apologies for the use of the word 'dolly'.

Sebastien Tellier must be pissed off.

Comment

Apparently the Dutch entry nicked the melody from a singer songwriter who sent a demo to Ilse de Lange's production company a year ago.

He has meshed the two songs together here (scroll down for the soundcloud thingy).

Comment

No.

Holland nicked the song, wholesale, from the Police.

Comment

Working...
                                                X