Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

I stand by this statement.
    I share your sentiments - we need separate "sorry, the cunt's still alive" and "hooray, the cunt's dead" threads.

Comment

I don't know the general schedule or availability of The Simpsons outside the US, but the episode that ran in the US yesterday (Panic in the Streets of Springfield) was focused on a fictional character that was basically Morrissey as Lisa Simpson's imaginary friend. It was a funny episode and worth your time if you can see the episode.

Comment

And again the thread reactivates and I'm all disappointed.

Comment

Apparently, Morrissey and his ‘people’ are livid.

There’s a surprise.

Comment

The singer was satirised during the episode Panic on the Streets of Springfield, which aired in the US on Sunday night. In the episode, Lisa Simpson becomes obsessed with a fictional band called the Snuffs and befriends its frontman, Quilloughby.

The character, voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch, is a young, depressed British singer from the 1980s who, like Morrissey, is vegan and sports a quiff. The episode features other nods to the singer, including an Oscar Wilde poster, and parody song titles including How Late Is Then, Hamburger Homicide and Everyone Is Horrid Except Me and Possibly You.

It turns out, however, that Quilloughby is a figment of Lisa’s imagination and her dream is shattered when he morphs into a grey, meat-eating, overweight man with anti-immigrant views.

Comment

If I live long enough, I'll see this in 2025...

Comment

From pitchfork:

A post on Morrissey’s official Facebook page, attributed to manager Peter Katsis, criticized “Panic on the Streets of Springfield” after the episode of The Simpsons aired. “Sadly, The Simpson’s show started out creating great insight into the modern cultural experience, but has since degenerated to trying to capitalize on cheap controversy and expounding on vicious rumors,” the post reads. Additionally, the post criticizes the makers of The Simpsons for “[using] harshly hateful tactics like showing the Morrissey character with his belly hanging out of his shirt.”

Comment

He seems to be more bothered about being portrayed as fat than as a racist, although the statement refers to "vicious rumors", which in reality are reports of his own words, choices of imagery, etc.

I don't think I want him to die; I'd just like him to retire from public life. There is absolutely no chance that he's going to develop any self-awareness or conscience, and his talent is long gone (maybe enough decent solo tracks from 1988-1995 to fill a reasonable compilation, plus two singles from this century that I thought were OK).
                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 20-04-2021, 02:02.

Comment

This is, incredibly, not a spoof: https://www.morrisseycentral.com/mes...ssey-new-album

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
                    2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
                    3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
                    4 HA HA HARLEM
                    5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
                    7 MY FUNERAL
                    8 DIANA DORS
                    9 I EX-LOVE YOU
                    10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
                    11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest) bidder.

artwork by Liam Lynch
                    photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                      And again the thread reactivates and I'm all disappointed.
                      This. Again. All the fucking time.

Comment

'Artwork by Liam Lynch.'

The dude that did United States of Whatever?

Comment

I hope he turns up in Vegas even more overweight and does nothing but Elvis covers while wearing a white suit with a massive collar, open buttoned to the waist, and with a belt buckle saying VIVA BREXIT.

Comment

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest) bidder.
                            We could scrape together twenty quid or so and make a bid to remove it from circulation, like that pharma fraud guy did with the single copy Wu-Tang Clan album.

Those titles really are beyond parody.

Comment

Working...
                            X