Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plodder
    replied
    And this. First Crass song I ever heard. Instantly, I was hooked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocYtwSMusM

Leave a comment:

• Plodder
    replied
    Would've gone with Losing touch with My Mind for Sp3. Also, every live Spiritualized show.

Black Angels too. Bad Vibrations.

The end of Bowie's John I'm Only Dancing.
    Last edited by Plodder; 18-02-2024, 03:23.

Leave a comment:

• danielmak
    replied
    I have no idea how I forgot about Spacemen 3 and Loop. The latter sometimes treated as a ripoff of the former, but I like both bands.

Leave a comment:

• danielmak
    replied
    Lebenden Toten. I can only do a few songs at a time, but I really like the band. My body starts to feel on edge.

Leave a comment:

• Bored Of Education
    replied
    Wasn’t it two albums - “Arc” and “Weld”. One was his take on grunge, the other just one of feedback

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    'Arc' by Neil Young is 35 minutes of feedback, apparently (not heard it). I liked his 'Ragged Glory' album at the time.

'The Star-Spangled Banner' by Hendrix at Woodstock.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 13-02-2024, 20:43.

Leave a comment:

• steveeeeeeeee
    replied
    A composer took the music and noted the whole score/album on paper to be played by a small group of classically trained musicians. I can understand why someone would want that challenge in a muscle-flexing, look what I can do kind of way. Once it had been scored, it was played in numerous venues but with voilin, cello etc. and gained new found attention from a more respected audience.

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    I seem to remember an interview not long before he died where he was talking about how the album was being critically re-appraised, and in classic Lou Reed asshole fashion he was banging on about how he knew what he was doing all along, and only now were the stupid critics catching on to his genius in all things.

New York is still one of my top 20 all-time albums, though.

Leave a comment:

• steveeeeeeeee
    replied
    Originally posted by imp View Post
    I've never listened to the Lou Reed double album of feedback, and maybe it's pure art, but my ears are knackered enough as it is.
    It's not a difficult or demanding listen, it just gets a bit samey and boring after the first track.

Leave a comment:

• steveeeeeeeee
    replied
    I heard an interview with Graham Coxon in which he was explaining how satisfied he was with the feedback on Song 2, it is pretty good.

One that I like a lot is "Whiskey RIver" by Comets on Fire. But not sure if it counts as feedback as when I saw them play, there was a guy with a box that made noises in the band and I think the feedback noise is that rather than a guitar. But it sounds like feedback to me.

Last edited by steveeeeeeeee; 13-02-2024, 16:36.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
    And an early work from OTF's favourite political-right-on guitarist Ted Nugent.

I had no idea that The Amboy Dukes once featured a young Jilted John (bottom right)…

Leave a comment:

• Plodder
    replied
    Originally posted by MsD View Post
    I bet no-one clicks on my link. It’s the Feedback Song from Rema Rema with Marco on guitar, and he is a master of feedback, credit where due.

The 2 Wolfmen albums are full of it.

My personal other favourites include Ronno on Let’s Spend the Night Together and Panic in Detroit, and the JAMC on Psychocandy. Also David Roback on a few things including Wasted by Mazzy Star.
    I clicked on it. Quite liked it too.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Frank Zappa - Filthy Habits

Leave a comment:

• MsD
    replied
    I bet no-one clicks on my link. It’s the Feedback Song from Rema Rema with Marco on guitar, and he is a master of feedback, credit where due.

The 2 Wolfmen albums are full of it.

My personal other favourites include Ronno on Let’s Spend the Night Together and Panic in Detroit, and the JAMC on Psychocandy. Also David Roback on a few things including Wasted by Mazzy Star.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
    How come The Who haven't been mentioned yet?
    Look three posts above yours...

Leave a comment:

• MsD
    replied
    https://youtu.be/ZJGySuaR8-I?si=JWVA2YsJ7hNKd5yO

:-)

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    How come The Who haven't been mentioned yet?

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    And an early work from OTF's favourite political-right-on guitarist Ted Nugent.

Leave a comment:

• johnr
    replied
    50 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dcCAc-knjI

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Well someone has to include this so it might as well be me.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by imp View Post

Yeah, but this is the internet and I've Taken A Stance, so I'm not budging just because I'm wrong or something.
    You stick to your guns, mate.

Leave a comment:

• Disco Child Ballads
    replied
    I love the use of feedback on Sweetness Follows by R.E.M. Possibly my favourite song by them.

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    Absolute nonsense. Prior to the JAMC - who used it brilliantly instead of a drone - you’d had Link Wray, Hendrix, The Monks, Neil Young, Bowie, etc, all using feedback to great effect. And those are just the ‘names’…
    Yeah, but this is the internet and I've Taken A Stance, so I'm not budging just because I'm wrong or something.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    JAMC did kind of use it as an effect, but many have used it as a palette.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    They’d pretty much stopped using it by the second album. How sparing should they have been?
    Sorry...was lazily referring to Psychocandy, which is probably a great album ... buried under 30 feet of needless fuzz.

(I realize I'm alone in this opinion.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X