Bowie documentary on BBC4 now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure whether this has been on before but it is great. I have seen very little of the early footage on here and didn't know anything about the Peter Noone version of "Oh, you Pretty Things" that pre-dated Bowie's version

Aye, it's a repeat.
    Kinda makes you wanna listen to Alladin Sane on loop for the next week.
    Cracked Actor is on next Thursday , that's quite good too.

Comment

Noone's version of Pretty Things just looked like some cheesy variety show version compared to Bowie's. It might just as well have been sung by Des O'Connor.

Comment

I quite like it actually. After hearing the Bowie version until it is ingrained on my mind, it is interesting hearing a different version. Indeed, it was much the same with the earlier stuff that Bowie did himself.

Comment

"Finding Fame" was on BBC 2 last night and concentrated heavily on the years leading up to Ziggy Stardust. I found it hugely interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...e-finding-fame

Comment

I loved that. I'm a Bowie nut, went to the Bowie Is exhibition 9 times, but I learnt a lot from it and the talking heads were generally very good. Will watch again in the week.

Comment

Will watch this during the week.

I didn't mind Noone's version of OYPT either. (It was that version that I recall hearing first, as it goes.)

Comment

Working...
              X