Songs that you rediscovered in 2013-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread it covers a certain niche so I'm putting this up here. VTT might want to update the title again though.

Inspired by Alexander O'Neal's appearance on Celebrity Big Brother, I found this;

Various Artists - Purple Snow, Forecasting The Minneapolis Sound

First track 94 East - If You See Me. Featuring a young Prince, from 1977 I believe.

Comment

There that should be good for a few years now!

Just listened to 7 Minutes to Midnight by Wah! (they were just Wah! for that one.)
      Must dig out my limited vinyl Wah (in their various forms - Wah!, Wah! Heat, Shambeko! Say Wah!, JF Wah!, the Mighty Wah! unfortunately I never had any Wah the Mongrel! to complete my Wah! name collection.
      I was always dissapointed that Pete never did a version of "Read it in Books" to add to TX and the Bunnymen's versions.

Comment

My CD of 'The Handy Wah! Whole' compilation is one of the dozen or so CDs that live on top of my CD player in my work office (for easy access), as opposed to being filed away as the rest are.

Comment

George McCrae - Baby Baby Sweet Baby

Comment

Giggler wrote: Mothers Talk by Tears for Fears popped onto the iPod this morning. Sounded dreadful.
            I thought it was dreadful at the time. Songs from the Big Chair put me off Tears for Fears completely.

But I recently played 'Pale Shelter' for the first time in what must be 30 years and found I still liked it. Then moved onto 'Mad World' and liked that too.

Suspect I'll leave it at that though...

Comment

I'm trying to identify a song from a mixtape that I was given in 1987 but never knew its title or artist. It hit me the other day that I could record it with the voice recorder on my phone and ask around, so does anyone recognize who this might be?
              I hope this works. (I think you may need to have Dropbox.)

Comment

* surprised someone on here doesn't know that tune yet Heliotrope. It sounds familiar but it's not quite in my expertise bracket.

Big Punisher - Boomerang. The lyrics are worth reading as you listen imo. He was an incredibly skillful rapper.

Comment

For some strange reason felt the need to listen to Rasputin by Boney M this morning.

there was a cat that really was gone!! ....

Comment

Sinead O'Connor Troy

Comment

It Dont come easy - Harrison Version

Rubberband Man - Detroit Spinners

The Night -Frankie Valli

Highwire - Linda Carr

Comment

I've recently happened upon some absolute dance floor stormers from my days as a clubbing fiend, and have being giving them some hammer on Spotify.

Positive Education - Slam
                        LFO - LFO
                        On A Ragga Tip - SL2

Comment

me and my mate had a right mad youtube half hour of late 70s singles we bought before we started buying LPs

BA Robertson - bang bang
                          Lene Lovich - lucky number
                          M - pop music
                          SLF - at the edge

and Dan Hegarty - voodoo voodoo, this entered the charts at around no 98 the week i bought it and went straight back out the following week, i dont know whether it was me who got it to no 98 ....

Comment

Run The Jewels - Love Again (Akinyele Back) [feat. Gangsta Boo

Comment

Lene Lovixch is on tour at the moment. I liked the b-side of Lucky No.

Home:

Home is where the heart is
                              Home is so remote
                              Home is just emotion sticking in my throat
                              Let's go to your place...

Comment

Yeah, Home was my sister's favourite song for a while.

Comment

I put last year's Baxter Dury album, Pleasure, on as I started a two-hour train journey tonight.

It's bloody brilliant.

Whispered, in particular, can be heard seven or eight times on the trot without losing its edge. I know, that's what I did.

Comment

30 years ja service wrote: For some strange reason felt the need to listen to Rasputin by Boney M this morning.

there was a cat that really was gone!! ....
                                    Whenever we get a wedding or party invite that includes a request for songs to put on the playlist, we always go for Rasputin. Then Highway to the Dangerzone if we're allowed two. They're floorfillers.

Comment

I just realised Harrison version sounds really pompous I meant George Harrison's version of his song made famous by RIngo Starr in, I think 1971

Comment

Kaiser Chiefs - Love Is Not A Competition (But I'm Winning).

This Week played it at the end of last week's show over a montage of defeated Lib Dems. It was quite well done.

I had to look up who it was despite sort of half-hearing it before. Listening to Yours Truly, Angry Mob right now. Typical stuff on the whole, mediocre. Deleted everything else from it so far, I don't really want it stinking out my computer.

That tune really is quite good though. As a band they've always seemed about ten year out of date.

Comment

Cousin Herb Henson - Up The Path And In My Door

Comment

Heard this today for the first time in ages, it's lovely and I found a nice YT:

Joni Mitchell - Urge for Going

Love these lyrics:

See the geese in chevron flight flapping
                                            and racing on before the snow
                                            They got the urge for going
                                            And they got the wings so they can go

Comment

After watching the last episode of the excellent The Last Man On Earth

The Kinks - Supersonic Rocket Ship

Comment

A piece of cool Mood II Swing-esque mid 90's lushness

Mike Delgado - The Murder Track

Comment

Luke R wrote: After watching the last episode of the excellent The Last Man On Earth

The Kinks - Supersonic Rocket Ship
                                                  One of the greatest songs ever written.

Comment

Jack Clement - Ten Years

Comment

Working...
                                                    X