Popped idol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popped idol

Darius, off of the first ever Pop Idol, has died aged just 41. Very sad that. He was quite the star in the UK for a while off the back of that series.
    Singer and actor found dead in Minnesota, US, on 11 August but cause of death remains unknown

Five Top 10 hits is four more than I thought he'd had.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darius...graphy#Singles

Comment

Disliked that show (and all its spin-offs) intensely, but he seemed decent and amusingly self-deprecating when we had him as a guest on NMTB.

RIP.

Comment

I heard the news while driving home and thought of "Popped idol" as a thread title.

I wasn't aware he had such a good stage career.

Comment

Sad news. I'm amazed he was only 41, which means he would have been about 19 or 20 when he did the legendary performance of "Hit me baby one more time". The public, myself included especially, can be a cruel, mocking, bastard of a beast at any available opportunity. If I look back on my life up to now, I wish I had more moments of completely embarrassing self-expression rather than constantly hiding behind anonymity. The best thing about his story is he eventually got the fame and respect he was clearly working so hard to achieve. But I hadn't heard his name for at least a decade, until today.

Comment

I tend to confuse him with BoJo's dodgy mate, Darius Guppy.

RIP obviously.

Comment

Sad news indeed, only 41.

Of course it was Popstars where he made his name (the Baby one more time audition), before then going on the first series of Pop Idol.

Colourblind is a fantastic pop song.

Comment

Working...
              X