X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All men play on eleven

Like a dose of bad wind the Tap are back

The Quietus | News | A 'Spinal Tap' Sequel Film Is In The Works

Typo in the subheadline almost stopped me reading the rest of it.

Comment

First Detectorists, then this

Comment

Police Academy 8 cannot be far off?

Comment

Originally posted by Gert from the Well View Post
          Police Academy 8 cannot be far off?
          Can't be worse than 7.

Comment

I've only ever seen part 7 so to fit in with the crowd I always claim it to be the zenith of the series,
            Last edited by Gert from the Well; 14-05-2022, 17:29.

Comment

But not as mad as Steinman's aborted production on Def Leppard's follow-up to 'Pyromania'.

"That was bullshit, like working with blanks. I've come to believe that Def Leppard is basically like George Bush, a package item with an amazing amount of confection and no content.

"They're just like Spinal Tap. It's really all the producer - a Mutt Lange creation. They come out as great records, beautifully layered technically, but so empty.

"One of the first conversations I had with Def Leppard was in Dublin during pre-production. I was so excited to be in Dublin and I said, This is great for me. I'm finally in the land of James Joyce and Yeats. These guys are idols of mine. You guys feel that at all? And they said, No, we haven't had a chance to meet any of the local musicians.

"It was like that from beginning to end, it was one absurdity after another.

"We tried over 200 amps and every guitar amp they'd say, Ugh, that's too squawky. So finally I sent away for the multi-tracks of 'Pyromania'. And I was playing it one day - and the two guitarists come into the studio and say, It's still not right, it's still too squawky!"

Stories about what finally brought the deal to a close, vary from camp to camp. One rumor suggests it was Steinman's decision to take an evening off to visit his favorite restaurant...in Amsterdam. But for Steinman it was a different night out.

"The final straw was when Joe Elliott went into town to see a movie. When he came back I said, Joe, how was the movie? And he said, F***ing brill, f***ing brill. I said, What did you see? He said, Police Academy III."

Comment

Working...
              X