When did you last hear the birdy song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did you last hear the birdy song?

Or agado? Or were they just their time? But my youth made them feel ever present?

That's a good question. In the wild, as opposed to on a throwback telly programme, I can't remember. Hearing them now would stand out as unusual.

Comment

Agadoo? About a month ago at Let's Rock in a field just outside Exeter. At about one in the afternoon and it was as bleak as it sounds.

Comment

I see Peter Hook is lined up for next year's edition. I hope it isn't a terrible misunderstanding over which Atmosphere he plays.

Comment

Heh, I'd love him to cover Russ Abbot.

He was there this year. His was the next band on after Black Lace.

Comment

You very rarely here the complete version of the Birdie Song. Normally you just get a little bit of this and a little bit of that...

Comment

Agadoo is on our 6 year olds playlist. Though fortunately she's moved on a bit. So I've heard it fairly frequently but the last time was a few months ago.

Comment

What a set of earworms to give people.

Comment

In an episode of Big Bang Theory.

Comment

The gay couple did a bit of it on Gogglebox last night, while watching a wildlife documentary

Comment

You could never escape these 'songs' at one time, but my clearest memories of hearing them are still the end of season discos at the junior football club I played for (1982-1985).

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                        What a set of earworms to give people.
                        Yeah, I was just going to type "right now, in my head you utter bastard Levin ".

Otherwise. probably in the Haven holiday camp in Hayle, Cornwall circa 1992.

Comment

At the job that I've now thankfully left, they often had the radio tuned to Cheesy FM, which would happily drop The Tweets and Black Lace along with Joe Dolce and The Teletubbies into their regular playlist.

Comment

Dear god.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                              Cheesy FM
                              Fucking hell.

It's real. It's actually real.

Comment

There was even a ‘vocal’ version of The Birdie Song (perhaps on the flip of the original hit - no idea). I can remember witnessing Matthew Kelly performing it on Game for a Laugh, or similarly-awful show of that era.

Until the early 2000s, that was probably the worst piece of television I’d ever seen.

Comment

Every year at my kid's school they have an event where each class shows off a "regional dance" on the basketball court. The kindergarteners do the birdie song, so I suppose not having had to endure that the last 2 years would be a small blessing of covid.

Comment

Working...
                                  X