No announcement yet.

Incorrect information gleaned from song lyrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Under 8's are fed a lot of misleading information about animal society in general

Comment

Have to say I don't recall at that age especially buying into these songs/stories as 'factual', however.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
        Back on track, Jesus Christ, as far as we know, didn't 'die on a bed of spikes' as suggested by the J&MC on their Reverence hit.
        I'm not sure he ever went to Chicago either.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
          Bad, bad, Leroy Brown
          Completely different thread but this is one of those cultural references which I've only come across in Friends, so now if I see it mentioned all I can think of is "oh it's that mysterious thing they were talking about in Friends". See also Lou Gehrig's disease, George Stephanopoulos, Old Yeller etc. (not totally sure if all of those are even real things)

Comment

Old Yeller was a dog that shouted about custard.

Comment

The kid in that film just died

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                Old Yeller was a dog that shouted about custard.
                Isn't that Roobarb? Is that the joke? I'm so confused

Comment

There is usually snow in Africa at Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                    Lou Gehrig's disease
                    The USian name for motor neurone disease, named after the baseball player who was one of the first - if not THE first - high-profile person to be diagnosed with it.

Comment

George Stephanopoulos
                      Bill Clinton press secretary, ABC News talking head, "Washington insider"

Old Yeller
                      Extremely maudlin Disney film from the late 50s about a boy and his dog.

Comment

Completely different thread but this is one of those cultural references which I've only come across in Friends, so now if I see it mentioned all I can think of is "oh it's that mysterious thing they were talking about in Friends". See also Lou Gehrig's disease, George Stephanopoulos, Old Yeller etc. (not totally sure if all of those are even real things)
                        This is george Stephanopulous

Comment

Brill, thanks everyone, and not a lmgtfy link in sight either

Comment

In a head to head tragic pooch-off, who would jerk the most tears; Old Yeller or Old Shep?

Comment

Then of course there's Shannon - Carl Wilson's deceased Irish setter, immortalised in rather cloying song by Henry Gross.

Comment

Marley wins hands down

Comment

I got a pet collie as a child off the back of bursting into tears at the end of a Lassie film.

Comment

Crowded House - Weather With You:

Julius Caesar, and the Roman Empire
                                    Couldn’t conquer the blue skies

Well clearly they couldn’t, but a pedantic historical analysis tells us that Julius Caesar and the Roman Empire couldn’t even attempt to conquer the blue skies together, since Caesar (as Dictator not Emperor) ruled the Republic not the Empire which was founded after he died.

Comment

Old Yeller was if course also the epithet hurled by one of the Gatlin boys at Tommy, The Coward of the County.

Comment

Working...
                                      X