No British Please, We're Sea Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for them.
    I always thought the name was ironic anyway.

Comment

Is that a font they've designed by / had designed for themselves, or is it used anywhere else?

Comment

If your first album is called "The decline of British Sea Power" you'd think that it would be clear to anyone who's not a complete and utter idiot that it's not nationalistic bilgewater.

I guess the kinds of people who want to appropriate bands as nationalistic emblems are, in fact, complete idiots.

Comment

A well thought through statement. I'd love them whatever they chose to call themselves but they'll still always be BSP to me.

Comment

A lot of gammon who had never heard of them before are going to be boycotting all of their future work.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
              Is that a font they've designed by / had designed for themselves, or is it used anywhere else?
              Updated version of Architype Schwitters

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                If your first album is called "The decline of British Sea Power" you'd think that it would be clear to anyone who's not a complete and utter idiot that it's not nationalistic bilgewater.

I guess the kinds of people who want to appropriate bands as nationalistic emblems are, in fact, complete idiots.
                My guess is that the majority of bozos choosing to misrepresent the band’s name aren’t actually likely to delve deep enough to sample their music.

Comment

Good on them. Already thought they were great.

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                  A lot of gammon who had never heard of them before are going to be boycotting all of their future work.
                  There’s a plus.

Comment

Excellent band and don't blame them for the reasoning and rationale behind the name change. Sadly a number of people on their facebook page don't seem to get it; the word "woke" is being used quite a lot.

Comment

I met them outside of a Marriot in Jersey City where I was helping my wife who was running a convention to recruit preschool teachers.

They were saying how they played a few shows, and I asked their name, and the guy looked at me sideways and said "British Sea Powah" with a "how is this guy going to take this."

I said I was once in a band that played CBGBs, and wished them luck lest they ended up helping their wives load boxes for a preschool teacher convention. I also told them to get the Weird New Jersey book as my grandfather's house was in it.

Happy their career made it this far.

edit - I'm pretty sure I wrote about this on oldtf, but maybe in the zapped version from 2000-02.

Comment

Working...
                      X