Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Musicians who are related to politicians

Aphex Twin is the Brother of Welsh Climate MInister Julie James

Steve Winwood is the father of Ben Elliot, Tory treasurer, Camilla Parker Bowles' nephew and all round cunt.

That's all I've got so far.
    Last edited by Nefertiti2; 05-08-2021, 21:14.

Not particularly current but Mark Fisher (Labour MP for Stoke until 2010) is stepfather to Crispin Hunt, lead singer of Richard Hawley's 90s group The Longpigs,

Comment

Bryan Ferry's son Otis has (as has been oft-referenced here) been engaged in 'political activities' rather than being a politician per se.

Well - I say that, but in truth he's just an annoying, self-entitled w***stain who thinks ripping foxes to pieces in the name of a crass anachronistic pastime has any kind of place in modern society.

Comment

Grant Shapps and Mick Jones are cousins.

I think that Chris Martin has a Tory MP uncle but can't remember the details.

Comment

Miriam Makeba was married to Kwame Ture (Stokely Carmichael).

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
            Miriam Makeba was married to Kwame Ture (Stokely Carmichael).
            Which reminds me Satchmo, have you seen What Happened, Miss Simone? It's on netflix.

Comment

Is he not his father-in-law?

Comment

Tupac Shakur is the son of Afeni Shakur. Again, political activities rather than an elected politician.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                  Is he not his father-in-law?
                  Yes you're right- not sure how that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Which reminds me Satchmo, have you seen What Happened, Miss Simone? It's on netflix.
                    Yes, I have, but a couple of years ago now. I know she suffered a lot of domestic abuse (by a husband-manager who stole her money) and was rejected by Juilliard as a classical pianist for racist reasons. Often heavily sedated (by Trifalon) in later years, perhaps for genuine psychosis or perhaps for control (or both).

Essential contributions to civil rights and Black Power (not a pacifist), often via friendship with Lorraine Hansberry, for whom she posthumously wrote 'Young, Gifted and Black.'

But most importantly, as a singer-songwriter, she's up there with Joni Mitchell, and as a singer alone she is in the Billie Holiday/Ella Fitzgerald league. Amazing interpreter due to her knowledge of piano.

Comment

She went to Juillard but was rejected later by a school (I forget the name) in Philadelphia. She lived next door to Malcolm X too

Comment

The elite conservatory in Philly is the Curtis Institute of Music, which rejected Simone for at best dubious reasons. They ended up awarding her an honorary degree late in her life.

Comment

Westlife's Nicky Byrne is the son-in-law of much loved former Irish Taoiseach Bertie Ahern.

Comment

Ireland's 1979 Eurovision 5th place finisher Cathal Dunne is former Taoiseach Jack Lynch's nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

Yes you're right- not sure how that happened.
                              By marrying Winwood's daughter. You're welcome.

Comment

Westlife’s Nicky Byrne = a ‘musician’?

[/snobbery]

Comment

Working...
                                X