Harrowing album covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sits View Post

He’s based in Germany, which does lend kudos, so I’ll second it.
    If you've got a German on board, it won't just be a clique or a gang. It'll be Der Shins-Anhängerverein von 2021 e. V... There'll be official titles, membership fees, tax relief on those membership fees, compulsory video conferences starting at 20:23 hrs. every third Friday of the month (with minutes and attendance lists), password-protected spreadsheets that never work, weekly newsletters containing broken links, payment reminders and countless reprimands about the state of the clubhouse kitchen, a quarterly magazine called Tibia and club tracksuits with your initials on the breast pocket and thigh that cost 500 euros a go.
    Last edited by treibeis; 30-07-2021, 06:02.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
      If you've got a German on board, it won't just be a clique or a gang. It'll be Der Shins-Anhängerverein von 2021 e. V... There'll be official titles, membership fees, tax relief on those membership fees, compulsory video conferences starting at 20:23 hrs. every third Friday of the month, attendance lists, password-protected spreadsheets that never work, weekly newsletters containing broken links, payment reminders and countless reprimands about the state of the clubhouse kitchen, a quarterly magazine called Tibia and club tracksuits with your initials on the breast pocket and thigh that cost 500 euros a go.
      Sign me up!

Comment

Given our respective lines of work, those sound exactly the kinds of things that Sits and I would be into.

Comment

Sweet sounding merch. I might retro-fit liking The Shins just to get the tracksuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
            Sweet sounding merch. I might retro-fit liking The Shins just to get the tracksuit.
            Sorry sunshine but "I'll just retrofit liking The Shins" isn't going to hack it.

Comment

Harsh. It was like sunshine breaking through clouds, the first time that I heard, erm, The Shins' Greatest Hits.

Comment

If you've got a German on board, it won't just be a clique or a gang. It'll be Der Shins-Anhängerverein von 2021 e. V... There'll be official titles, membership fees, tax relief on those membership fees, compulsory video conferences starting at 20:23 hrs. every third Friday of the month (with minutes and attendance lists), password-protected spreadsheets that never work, weekly newsletters containing broken links, payment reminders and countless reprimands about the state of the clubhouse kitchen, a quarterly magazine called Tibia and club tracksuits with your initials on the breast pocket and thigh that cost 500 euros a go.
                This is way too accurate to be funny. Though I do possess a nice tracksuit from the football club where I coach(ed)* with the initials IMP on that didn't cost me a penny. And I never go to meetings of any description if I can help it.

*they recently invited me to a coaches' bbq, where my replacement as head coach on the boys U10 team plied me with drink, then persuaded me to come back as his assistant coach in the new year. "No pressure!" he kept saying as he placed another bottle in front of me.

Comment

Harsh. It was like sunshine breaking through clouds, the first time that I heard, erm, The Shins' Greatest Hits.
                  I don't think you can get "Greatest Hits" from the Shins, because every single one is a Great Hit (I want in on the tracksuit action too)

Comment

Tsk

Comment

a quarterly magazine called Tibia

Comment

Originally posted by gjw100 View Post
                        No, I remember that one too. (Presumably you are referring to 'Below The Belt').
                        That's the one.

Comment

[https://twitter.com/pourmecoffee/status/1423453359097450498?s=19

Comment

I keep assuming that I can’t see the photo of this in the thread, but ai think it isn’t here.

Comment

ursus arctos Maybe a spoiler tag for the automatonophobes next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X