• Show
Clear All

Special characters in act names:
    Tiësto
    Sigur Rós
    Motörhead
    Mĺneskin
    GIVĒON

Capitalized (according to the latest iTunes chart: (http://www.livepopbars2.com/index.ph...1&t=1626351938)
    INXS
    SAINT PHNX
    BTS
    BURNS
    CHVRCHES
    ABBA
    DMNDS
    The Kid LAROI
    AURORA
    AC/DC
    WATT
    GIVĒON
    FRED
    SZA
    MNEK
    ATB
    A7S
    MK

A current collaboration: Rag'n'Bone Man & P!nk

Full stop after a space between first and second name: Anderson .Paak https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_.Paak

Full stops in capitalized song title: D.I.S.C.O.

Act with several forms (wiki): "Fred John Philip Gibson, known professionally as Fred Again (stylised as Fred again..) or simply Fred (stylised as FRED)), currently collaborating with The Blessed Virgin. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Again

Acts who are formulae (and misogynists, don't bother checking out their music):
    E1 (3x3)
    ZT (3x3)
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 15-07-2021, 12:57.

Comment

That last one reminds me - E=MC2 by Big Audio Dynamite. Is this unique in having a number power in the title (although I don't know how to type them on here)?

Comment

/// (aka triple slash)

Yes, it is three blokes all dressed as Slash - they were my favourites at the World Air Guitar Championships I went to in Brighton a few years back.

edit: holy crap, that was back in 2004.
        Last edited by andrew7610; 15-07-2021, 13:42.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
          That last one reminds me - E=MC2 by Big Audio Dynamite. Is this unique in having a number power in the title (although I don't know how to type them on here)?
          Code:
          e=mc[sup]2[/sup]
          Or use the ˛ symbol in Character Map in Windows.

(I'm sure you didn't really want to know this.)

Comment

The row of post editor buttons that appear in the reply box, when you go to type something here, includes ones for subscript and superscript (their respective icons are 'x2' and 'x2') – I just used that when I typed Hip 2B2 upthread yesterday.

Which indeed, in the same way, equates with:
            Code:
            Hip 2B[SUP]2[/SUP]

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
              Full stops in capitalized song title: D.I.S.C.O.
              D.I.V.O.R.C.E. (Billy Connolly) – inspired by Tammy Wynette's, which however is properly D-I-V-O-R-C-E I think
              A.D.I.D.A.S. (Korn)

Funnily enough, Respect doesn't have this, despite spelling it out in the lyric.

Comment

Edwin Starr had "Stop Her on Sight (S.O.S.)" and "H.A.P.P.Y. Radio". ABBA also had "S.O.S.", which is Peter Townshend's favourite record.

Comment

Nena had a song and album named just "?", though they'd sometimes put "(Fragezeichen)" after it.

https://youtu.be/cvUuyGgvBaI

Comment

Outkast have a track by that name.

Comment

I suppose this thread isn't about albums per se, but I can't believe it's only just popped into my head to note that Sigur Rós famously have one called ( ).

It's possibly the most gnomic album ever recorded. The sleeve is white with only a cutout ( ) symbol. All eight tracks are – according to the case and inlay – nameless, so where I've ripped it to mp3s I've got all eight named just ( ) to make things extra confusing. All the 'words' are in their own made-up language of Hopelandic (Vonlenska), meaning it's even more impenetrable than their native Icelandic, and the lyric booklet contains just 12 blank, translucent pages for the listener to fill in their own interpretation.

They did give the songs individual titles on their website later. The one I still think of as simply ( ) #3 is a real stunner:

Comment

Aphex Twin's Equation... or to give it its proper name: ΔMi−1 = −αΣn=1NDi[n][Σj∈C[i]Fji[n − 1] + Fexti[n−1]]

Comment

Working...
                        X