No announcement yet.

Groups With Widest Age Span

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hardly in a position to judge. He just had one of those "old before his time" faces.

Comment

Mine was more a pun based on his name.

(Never explain your jokes, dad.)

Comment

Originally posted by multipleman78 View Post
        Kevin Richardson is 9 years older than fellow Backstreet Boy, Nick Carter. That's quite a gap in a boyband.
        Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
        Similarly, there's more than nine years between *NSYNC's Chris Kirkpatrick and Justin Timberlake.
        Richardson and Kirkpatrick, on the other hand, were born merely 2 weeks apart in October 1971, by curious coincidence.

Even allowing for the simultaneous existence on '90s charts of his odious prepubescent kid brother Aaron, I'd never twigged that Nick Carter was not only the baby of the Backstreet Boys but also a few months younger than I am. As far as I can work out, considering BSB were first put together circa early 1993 he must've joined aged barely 13.

Comment

There was a fair bit of that about with American boy bands. New Kids On The Block were put together in 1984 - Joey McIntyre was ELEVEN. Even the oldest member Jonathan Knight would have been no more than sixteen.

Comment

Wow. So they really were kids at the time. As far as anyone this side of the Atlantic at least was concerned, they seemingly just appeared fully-formed circa the end of 1989.

Although, thinking about it, given that I've been aware from way back in the day that Marky Mark Wahlberg was already an ex-member before they became megastars, I evidently knew in some regard that they had a hinterland there – I just wouldn't have guessed it stretched back to 1984. That makes them contemporaries, in a weird sort of way, with the likes of Frankie Goes To Hollywood, the Thompson Twins and Howard Jones. That's really disconcerting.

Comment

It was a bit of a grind for them though - it took until 1988 for them to get even the slightest bit of traction (I mean, four years when you're that young is forever) and then it just exploded extremely quickly. No wonder it all seemed to go to their heads in an "acting like complete pricks" kind of way.

Comment

Working...
              X