Groups Where All Members Were Born The Same Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groups Where All Members Were Born The Same Year

The Eurovision line-up of Brotherhood Of Man - Nicky Stevens (born December 3, 1949), Sandra Stevens (born November 23, 1949), Lee Sheriden (born April 11, 1949) and Martin Lee (born November 26, 1949)

Proclaimers all born in 1962.

Comment

I'm tempted to say Ash given the title of their debut album, but I can't verify it and it could be a QI klaxon answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
        The Eurovision line-up of Brotherhood Of Man - Nicky Stevens (born December 3, 1949), Sandra Stevens (born November 23, 1949), Lee Sheriden (born April 11, 1949) and Martin Lee (born November 26, 1949)
        The clustering of three of those birth dates is particularly pleasing. Wonder if the other one resented them for it.

Comment

Costly week if they were giving each other birthday presents.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
            I'm tempted to say Ash given the title of their debut album, but I can't verify it and it could be a QI klaxon answer.
            Not if you include Charlotte Hatherley (born 1979).

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

Not if you include Charlotte Hatherley (born 1979).
              Should have qualified that with "the line up at the time", as she joined after that album.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

Should have qualified that with "the line up at the time", as she joined after that album.
                Rick McMurray appears to be a couple of years older than the other two

Comment

ZZ Top.

Dusty Hill 19th May 1949, Frank Beard 11th June 1949 and Billy Gibbons 16th December 1949.

Comment

Green Day - Billie Jo Armstrong (17 February 1972), Mike Dirnt (4 May 1972) and Tré Cool (9 December 1972).

It is a lot harder than you'd think - even bands which formed at school, because school years run September-August, and the groups' habit of roping in a younger or older friend or relative to complete the line up. In fact, Green Day's original drummer was born in 1969, and it was his replacement (Cool) who completed the set.

Comment

If Phil Collins (30/01/51) had been born one month earlier he would have joined Banks, Rutherford, Gabriel and Hackett as 1950 babies and quite probably secured victory for Genesis in this category.

Comment

I thought U2 might be, given that they met in school, but Bono and Adam were born in 1960 with the Edge and Larry born in 1961.

Comment

Originally posted by gjw100 View Post
                          ZZ Top.

Dusty Hill 19th May 1949, Frank Beard 11th June 1949 and Billy Gibbons 16th December 1949.
                          So, if he'd never formed ZZ Top, Billy would've been a shoo-in for Brotherhood of Man then.

Comment

Sharp Dressed Brotherhood Of Man

Comment

Gimme All Your Kisses For Me

Comment

Oh Rough Boy (The Mood I'm In)

Comment

Angelegs

(Needs work. Ed.)

Comment

Wham!

Comment

I thought The Supremes might qualify, but while Mary Wilson and Diane Ross were born in 1944, Florence Ballard was born in 1943. I blame Flo's parents.

Comment

Flo set up the group IIRC so it makes sense that she was the eldest.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                          Wham!
                                          Not if you include Shirley Holliman,Pepsi and D C Lee.

Comment

Tears For Fears.

Well, the two founder/main members, anyway.

Comment

PJ & Duncan (1975)

Comment

All of Gorillaz were 'born' in 1998.

Comment

Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmidt, Don Felder and Bernie Leadon were all born in 1947, but I have no idea if there was ever a point in the convoluted history of The Eagles where they were the only band members. I suspect that Glenn Frey (1948) might be the fly in the ointment here.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X