Right song, wrong artist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right song, wrong artist

I kept hearing the chorus "I'm burning up for your love" in my head as a big rock song: Bad Company, Foreigner, Billy Squire. Nope, Madonna. Revisiting it, there are so many cheesy 80s production moves in this song, but it really would make a good rock song.

Not to take anything away from Britney Spears, but Hit Me Baby One More Time is a rock song (in her case dressed up as pop).
    Last edited by Stumpy Pepys; 26-05-2021, 12:11.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by wrong artist? This is my favourite Madonna song. It's so taut and tight, claustrophobic electro disco. A classic rock band would likely make it saggy and replace the helium edge vocals with rawk emoting, probably going "YOUR LUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE" at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
        I'm not sure what you mean by wrong artist? This is my favourite Madonna song. It's so taut and tight, claustrophobic electro disco. A classic rock band would likely make it saggy and replace the helium edge vocals with rawk emoting, probably going "YOUR LUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE" at the end.
        When I heard the chorus in my head, I didn't hear Madonna. I heard the song as a Bad Company song (or the other bands I listed). It was driving me crazy that I couldn't think of which rock band, but that's because it wasn't a rock band. It is a Madonna song.

Comment

Anything the original artists did that Blondie covered?

Comment

Working...
          X