Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
    Feel free to debate which lineup and band name counts but:

Rossi
    Parfitt
    Lancaster
    Lynes
    Coghlan

are all still going.
    Um, Rick Parfitt turned his toes up 4/5 years ago. That he made it that far was a tribute to the restorative powers of the medical profession in the face of a determined effort to consume sufficient drugs and booze to lay low a whole herd of elephants.

Comment

Rick Parfitt's death on Christmas Eve 2016 was overshadowed by George Michael's more unexpected death a day later.

Comment

Oh bugger.

Comment

Imagine he's happily reunited with Rossi's septum by now...

I believe Aerosmith (formed 1970) are all still extant - and the classic* line-up still together. (From what I can ascertain, all other former members are still knocking around, too.)

(*Term used advisedly.)

Comment

I think from this thread we learn that drugs don't necessarily kill. Frank Zappa would wonder what the hell is going on.

Comment

There are always outliers, like the guy in his nineties who's been smoking 40 a day since he was 12. Crosby might be one of those cases where a man is rescued by the love of a good woman.

Comment

The CSN/CSNY purple patch aside, Crosby is probably making the best music of his career right now. His last four album have been wonderful, and although the voice is no longer what it was, somehow the fragility of his tone lends another dimension to the music.

Comment

The Court of the Crimson King-era line-up of King Crimson are all still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                    The Court of the Crimson King-era line-up of King Crimson are all still alive.
                    Not so I'm afraid. Greg Lake died in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by gjw100 View Post

Not so I'm afraid. Greg Lake died in 2016.
                      Oops, you're right.

Comment

Forgot to mention this, but Genesis are reuniting for a tour in the Autumn. Just the three main members now, but it's interesting how they're doing a tour 24 years after their last album.

Gabriel and Hackett are still alive, of course, but I doubt the idea of traipsing around America playing the big hits holds much appeal

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                          Gabriel and Hackett are still alive, of course, but I doubt the idea of traipsing around America playing the big hits holds much appeal
                          Funnily enough, for quite a few years now Hackett has been touring and recording the Genesis back catalogue from his time in the band (often under the Genesis Revisited banner) and probably making a far better living doing so than he would from his own material. He still seems to have a deep love for those early albums, and I suspect one of his reasons for not joining a reunion (if indeed he were asked in the first place) is that the other three are likely to stick broadly to the later, poppier material. Tony Banks in particular seems to be quite sniffy about a lot of the songs from the Gabriel era.

Comment

Maybe not a massive surprise, but all the Osmond brothers are still with us, as is Marie.

Comment

The original line-up of Grand Funk Railroad are also all alive.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                Rick Parfitt's death on Christmas Eve 2016 was overshadowed by George Michael's more unexpected death a day later.
                                For some, perhaps.

A bit of a cheat, perhaps, but Sparks are still alive.

Comment

This is an education.

I'd never heard of The Herd but can anyone confirm if they count?

Comment

Looks like they had three drummers and it's the middle one of the three (Andrew Steele) who is no longer keeping time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                      This is an education.

I'd never heard of The Herd but can anyone confirm if they count?
                                      The Herd were promoted heavily in the mid-60s, partly on the strength of Peter Frampton's looks. Never really made it, though some of their stuff holds up reasonably well.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                                        Forgot to mention this, but Genesis are reuniting for a tour in the Autumn. Just the three main members now, but it's interesting how they're doing a tour 24 years after their last album.
                                        Point of order, but it's even longer than that, in context – 1997's Calling All Stations was after Collins finally left, and Banks and Rutherford recruited Ray Wilson (not the World Cup winner, but the Stiltskin singer) to sign on it, to little acclaim. So it's actually fully 30 years since the last album that the trio of TB, MR and PC made together, 1991's We Can't Dance.

Comment

Back to the OP- I've racked my brains, and after having to rule out the Spencer Davis Group when I found that the man himself died six months ago, can I offer the Edgar Broughton Band? I think the four original members are still with us.

Comment

The three original members of Welsh rockers Budgie have yet to fall off their perches.

Comment

Originally posted by gjw100 View Post

Funnily enough, for quite a few years now Hackett has been touring and recording the Genesis back catalogue from his time in the band (often under the Genesis Revisited banner) and probably making a far better living doing so than he would from his own material. He still seems to have a deep love for those early albums, and I suspect one of his reasons for not joining a reunion (if indeed he were asked in the first place) is that the other three are likely to stick broadly to the later, poppier material. Tony Banks in particular seems to be quite sniffy about a lot of the songs from the Gabriel era.
                                              Went to see Steve Hackett (and band) do Seconds Out and Selling England By The Pound at the Enmore Theatre here in Sydney recently. I was asked to go with a mate and was a big fan of SEBTP back in my early teens but I had no great expectations. What an incredible show. Hackett is an wonderful guitarist still at 70+. And they had a well-deserved full house for the show.

Comment

The Seekers are all alive. (Always struck me as a clean-living kind of band.)

It's been a year and The Seekers are still hanging on in there.
                                                Last edited by Stumpy Pepys; 01-07-2022, 10:40.

Comment

…as I believe I suggested on page one, albeit back in May of last year.

Burke Shelley of Budgie has sadly become a late parrot since gjw’s post then.

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post
                                                    Back to the OP- I've racked my brains, and after having to rule out the Spencer Davis Group when I found that the man himself died six months ago, can I offer the Edgar Broughton Band? I think the four original members are still with us.
                                                    Steve Broughton departed in May.

And from page 1, The Ronettes and ZZ Top no longer qualify.
                                                    Last edited by G-Man; 01-07-2022, 15:13.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X