No announcement yet.

A-ha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of bands that were big in america relative to their home market, The cranberries were more likely to fill a venue in america than dublin until quite far into their career. Linger didn't chart here in 1993, but it was no.8 in the US hot 100. and then we bought a few copies. You only have to sell a couple of hundred singles to get into the irish top ten.

Comment

Best Irish accent in pop - The Cranberries "Fool" in Linger or B*Witched's "What am I like?".

Comment

If we can include Norn Irish as well, then I think any number of Feargal Sharkey vocal performances might qualify: in hit terms, The Undertones's My Perfect Cousin and The Assembly's Never Never stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
          Speaking of bands that were big in america relative to their home market, The cranberries were more likely to fill a venue in america than dublin until quite far into their career. Linger didn't chart here in 1993, but it was no.8 in the US hot 100. and then we bought a few copies. You only have to sell a couple of hundred singles to get into the irish top ten.
          They were fucking massive in Catalonia as late as 2000. Fucked up. But then I've had French folk excitedly talk about The Silencers upon finding I was Scotch, I'd as soon as put on Hue and Cry as a fucking Silencers lp.

Comment

Come on, The Silencers weren't that bad. (Were they?)

Comment

So, yeah. Take on Me" worldwide hit. "The Sun Always...", probably a worldwide hit?

I never once mentioned one-hit wonders. I only mentioned the underestimation.

(I fucking love these tangents. THIS, is why I am on otf.)

Comment

(Fucking Ireland and UK)

That was it. "meh" sales all over Europe. Fuck all in the US. I'm officially annoyed.

Comment

So, "The Living Daylights, then... 2nd best James Bond theme?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR2OwmariWk

I LOVE Timothy Dalton, but oh fuck is he a smug cunt.

**But, fair play to him for miming the kissing scenes with Ms D'Abo.

Comment

Sorry, only just remembered/realised... they filmed all of those songs, at the same time? I wrote a fucking thesis about "Take On Me", and I missed the part where they were saving money on the next 3 videos. Goddamn it.

Comment

Sorry. Getting bored now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ir9HC9vYg

Comment

Thank you. That concludes the Norwegian jury for this evening.

I don't know where this shaky shit comes from, or from whom... I was at this concert. It was my birthday present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpwTl1xS3RY

Comment

Well, there'sa memory I didn't think I would like. Fuck. There were 4 of us, and we were ...itching "when does the band start?" stuff... and then it started. They were fucking awful, but the sound, was luminous.

Comment

OK, I'm done. Anyone ever met an anti-A-Ha person?

Comment

Working...
                              X