• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I ever go back to double denim I'm going to grow my hair like that

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
      If I ever go back to double denim I'm going to grow my hair like that
      Can you start a poll on going back to double denim? Or use the universe splitter app?

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

Can you start a poll on going back to double denim? Or use the universe splitter app?
        Alright. Done. It's on the world board

Comment

Coupe Longueuil in Quebecois

https://offqc.com/tag/mullet/

Comment

Okie from Muskogee has some hairstyle obervations

Whilst if you go to San Francisco you should be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.

Comment

If one were to extend this to spelling-error puns ('Don't!' - The World), Smashing Pumpkins might be able to offer a Mullet with Butterfly Wings - which sounds quite something.

Pauline Black would recommend that you just 'celebrate' it, however.

Comment

When did short hair on a woman first become accepted in bohemian culture? French New Wave cinema or back in the 1920s?
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 22-04-2021, 09:24.

Comment

There were certainly "rebel" examples in the second half of the 19th century, but wider acceptance came with the Great War (with industrial employment playing a role)

During the First World War, women around the world started to shift to shorter hairstyles that were easier to manage. In the 1920s women started for the first time to bob, shingle and croptheir hair, often covering it with small head-hugging clochehats. In Korea, the bob was called tanbal.[25] Women began marcelling their hair, creating deep waves in it using heated scissor irons. Durable permanent waving became popular also in this period:[26] it was an expensive, uncomfortable and time-consuming process, in which the hair was put in curlers and inserted into a steam or dry heat machine. During the 1930s women began to wear their hair slightly longer, in pageboys, bobs or waves and curls.[11]

Comment

Louise Brooks in Pandora’s Box in 1929 is pretty iconic

https://twitter.com/foreverlouiseb1/status/1385288622639751168?s=21
                    Last edited by Nefertiti2; 22-04-2021, 18:41.

Comment

Brown Sugar - I'm Love With a Dreadlocks
                      Kool Keith - The Girls Don't Like the Job (Keith rhymes 'I'll see you in ten with a haircut like Scottie Pippen')
                      There's a rap tune buzzing round my head where someone rhymes 'made my own do-rags' but I can't think what it is right now.
                      Pretty much anything by the Afros, but Feel It or Kickin' Afrolistics will do.

Comment

Early 90s rap also had lots of references to jheri curls.

Comment

https://twitter.com/qikipedia/status/497356560218460160

Comment

Working...
                          X